IGNORED

Is Classic Gaming Expo going on in 2009 or?

DracIsBack

Is this show now officially done?

They take one year off and you're driving coffin nails? I don't think you need to start hammering out an obit just yet.

Anyway, word on the street has it that it'll be back in Vegas this year. If you're looking for an opinion, I believe The Plaza may very well see a return of the show. Usually the official announcements aren't made until Springtime anyway, so you still have a few months to wait for the official announcement.

I believe The Plaza may very well see a return of the show.

Interesting, considering the Plaza told CGE to go pound sand for CGE2K8. I was kind of hoping the CGE crew would use this as a chance to pick a different hotel, I wasn't super impressed with the Plaza.

I believe The Plaza may very well see a return of the show.

Interesting, considering the Plaza told CGE to go pound sand for CGE2K8. I was kind of hoping the CGE crew would use this as a chance to pick a different hotel, I wasn't super impressed with the Plaza.

That is interesting as I hadn't heard that. I heard that - by the time they got around to booking a place - the Plaza had already been booked for the usual August weekend. They just weren't available at that time and the CGE folks didn't want to push CGE back to October or whatever.

Well, we'll see what transpires this year.

according the CGE myspace page: the show taking place in august of 2009

the reason why CGE didn't have plaza last year was because at the time the commodore expo was their.(same date and time)

According to the main website, the Plaza wasn't convinced the show would significantly increase their revenues, and the hotel staff didn't even bother to return a lot of the organizers' phone calls. I think there were a few other factors in cancelling CGE2K8 besides the Commodore show.

according the CGE myspace page: the show taking place in august of 2009

the reason why CGE didn't have plaza last year was because at the time the commodore expo was their.(same date and time)

According to the main website, the Plaza wasn't convinced the show would significantly increase their revenues, and the hotel staff didn't even bother to return a lot of the organizers' phone calls. I think there were a few other factors in cancelling CGE2K8 besides the Commodore show.

your right my bad.

I think there were a few other factors in cancelling CGE2K8 besides the Commodore show.

Actually, I now recall that - after the location conflict surfaced - it was discussed that one of the organizers couldn't assist/be there for whatever new dates were being kicked around. So lack of available location (whatever the reason, whether date conflict or "don't want you back") plus unavailability of one of the organizers for any other dates equalled cancellation.

But I'm fairly sure - 90% in fact - that there will be a CGE in 2009 and it will be in Vegas. Really the only question is location it seems. I just don't want it at the Riviera again. I prefer The Plaza, god help me.

I just don't want it at the Riviera again. I prefer The Plaza, god help me.

(Emphasis mine.)

Oops. My fault... I had said that I wasn't overly impressed with the Plaza, but I had meant the Riviera. It wasn't a bad experience, but I really didn't think I got a lot for the money. I've never stayed at the Plaza and don't want to bad-mouth them unfairly. :(

When I talked to Joe back in October he told me that he really wanted to do a show in 2009 and that he wanted to do it in Vegas. I asked him what the odds were that it would go through and he said something to the effect of "pretty good". So I would expect there to be a show this year in Vegas. Joe really sounded like he wanted to do a show this year, let's just hope the economy doesn't put a damper on that.

Depending on the timing, I'll be there.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
I personally wish someone would do one here in Chicago

I second that!!!!

while it's not as big as CGE will ever be

but most of us seem to forget about the Video Game Summit in july at lombard,IL

and coming in afew months is MGC is WI, which is close to CGE style but not the same as CGE.

No matter which show there is, Nothing can beat the experience of Classic Gaming Expo.

Often imitated never duplicated.