IGNORED

Planet Bob - Mii and the Wii / 4th quarter 2008

RSS Bot

Ladies and Gentlemen,

what you've all been waiting for, here's my quarterly Wii report! And this time I bought more Wii games than ever before! Here's all the dirty details:

The games I'm done with: Wii Sports, Zelda TP, Excite Truck, Metal Slug Anthology, Geometry Wars Galaxy, Bully :thumbsup:, Eledees, Zack & Wiki :thumbsup:

The rest of my Wii collection:

Super Mario Galaxy => After playing it on/off for almost a whole year, me and my wife finally beat this one. Just once though, as we couldn't be bothered to collect all those blue coins... It's been okay, but I wouldn't consider it being the best game ever or so...

Death Jr. => The worst game in my collection. I was very disappointed with this one and quit playing halfway into it. The graphics are insulting the Wii (even more so considering I was coming from playing SMG before this one), the game is nothing but boring hack'n'slay and the controls feel horrible.

Battalion Wars 2 => The second worst game in my collection. I quit after the 6th mission. It tries to be a crossover between action and strategy game, but miserably fails at both. Basically it's just hectic and confusing try and error. Having to replay complete missions after little mistakes towards the end doesn't help it either.

Disaster => This one is an enormous lot better than what most reviews make you think. It's probably been the best interactive movie I played since Origins Bioforge from the mid 90s. If you like to once play the hero of an intense disaster action movie, this is a must! I loved every single minute of this 10+ hour rollercoaster-ride! :thumbsup:

Metroid Prime 3 => I'm close to finishing this one, I think I'm already over 3/4 into the game. Not knowing the predecessors it took a while to get warm with it, but then I got really sucked into this wonderful sci-fi world. There's very creative extra weapons/powers in this one and I love the detailed sceneries.

Resident Evil 4, Fire Emblem, Okami, No More Heroes => All sitting ready-to-go on the shelf.

==========================================

My updated wishlist of already available titles:

Lego Star Wars / Indiana Jones / Batman => Still waiting for a price drop...

Super Paper Mario => Same here.

Wario Land - The Shake Dimension / de Blob => Well, I'm not the greatest fan of jump'n'run games, but I thought to give those two fair chances. I have already ordered de Blob from Amazon, they just ran out of copies, waiting for restocking now.

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon => I've been considering the few Wiis RPGs back & forth and while none of them has gotten stellar reviews so far, I want at least try the one that is considered to be the best so far.

SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1 => It'll save me quite a few Wii points for Neo Geo VC games.

The Secret Files: Tunguska => Supposedly the best point & click adventure available on the Wii so far, I'll give this a try.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed => I'm a bit late for adding this, but after my Disaster experience I thought to give another possibly underrated action game a try as well.

My future Hopelist:

Spyborgs => Anything with superheroes works for me. Last thing I heard is that they currently rework the graphics. Can't be a bad thing.

MotoGP 08 => I'm not the biggest fan of racing games, but this is the next Capcom game for the Wii on the horizon, so I'm watching it.

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop => I really want this one, trusting that Capcom can do no wrong with zombies.

Sim Animals => And this one is for the kids. I was actually hoping we'd see "Go, Diego, Go!: Safari Rescue" or "Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids" in Germany, but this one might also do for a 3 year old girl

So Blonde => Another promising point & click adventure hopefully capturing the spirit of the classic Monkey Island games.

Pirates: Hunt for Blackbeard's Booty => A game with/about pirates? Arrr, here I come!

WiiWares:

Mega Man 9 => Solid oldskool Mega Man game. I beat all the other "Men", but wasn't up to the task of memorizing the final 4 levels all at once.

Tetris Party => The best Wiiware title so far. A Must have for everyone! :thumbsup:

Sweet Home => My wife bought this one and played it start to finish. She seemingly enjoyed it, but I wouldn't touch such a game unless there's a gun pointed at my head ;)

Cubello => Meh... give me my points back!

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5655