IGNORED

Visdom I & II FAQ

JAC!

>can it be compiled with WUDSN?

Rethoric question you ask young Padawan :-) The lastest sources are in MADS format, before it was ATASM, before it was ...

>the sources mention a PC and Amiga version?

This refers to the different cross-compilers I have user over the years and to which I adapted the source. There is no Amiga version of the demo itself but to quote today's post on Pouet "Looks more like an 80s Amiga Demo than an Atari XL!". :-)

• 2 years later...

Hello JAC!,

I have recently been going through your WUDSN tutorials and got a few source codes to compile and running - awesome! So, I was ready to go on to my next steps of compiling your visdom I & II source codes. But, I ran into an error (.include "..\Macros.inc"). Can you please help me out with this? Thanks.

BTW - I tried with both the MADS and ATASM compilers. With the MADS assembler, I also got an "Unknown directive .BANK" error.

PS. The WUDSN IDE setup is great!

Hi,

Nice to see people are still interested. Visdom-I is in ATASM format. .INCLUDE and .BANK are ATASM only directives. The Macros.inc files is in the directory above the sources. I've updated the download on my site to have all files in the same directory. Visdom-II is in MADS format. I compiler both here and it worked.

So you have to make sure you open the .asm file with the right editor via Right Mouse Button/"Open With.../ATASM Editor" or "... MADS Editor".

Cheers, Peter.

Edited by JAC!

I downloaded the source codes from your WUDSN site (instead of the ones from this posting) and have successfully compiled the codes :) Thanks JAC! for your support and for releasing the source codes. It'll probably take me years to understand your advanced techniques but at least I'll make an effort.

If I didn't see your Visdom demos, I would have thought that these effects are impossible for the Atari 8-bits. I'm amazed that I'm still learning about the Atari 8-bit computers after all these years.

In your video tutorial series, can you please cover some of the advanced graphics techniques that you use on Visdom? Danke.