IGNORED

Tempest Xtreem Now Order Page from Video 61

Kjmann

I accidentally :) found out that these were the exact same cases used for homebrew C64 carts here....

Those look identical to the cases used for the Hobgoblin carts.

Hobgoblin.jpg

Will those cart shells fit standard Atari 8-bit PCBs? I'm not too crazy about how the board edge connector sticks out a bit.

..Al

• 1 month later...
What about us folks that use emulators exclusively for classic gaming? What about a binary release that is coded with a serial number? That way you can rag on anybody that distributes it on the net without authorization..?

Thank you all for your comments. Were glad you all like the game. Remember we have sent out a lot more of them, but some of the overseas shipping with customs and all might take a little longer to get to you guys.

There are more carts in stock so by all means, place your orders now. =)

As for the Emulator Support, The answer is no. We will not put out a version for Emulators. If you want to have the experience of REAL Classic Gaming. Then go buy a REAL Atari. =)

Edited by kjmann

Hi!

Mine arrived today (in The Netherlands)

I must say: very cool game. Controls very fast. Good job.

One thing... I must say... that game package and the picture on the cart... that does look a bit 'el cheapo' ... I think that should have been better.

But besides that ... very good job, and i'm very happy with it.

Thanks!

Marius

The Page to order Tempest Xtreem is now up on the atarisales.com (Video 61) website.

You can goto www.atarisales.com and click on the Tempest Extreme Link or you can go here:

http://members.tcq.net/video61/tempest1.html

(You might have to Refresh the main page to see the link)

The Playable Demo is still available here.

http://www.freewebs.com/kjmannmusic/tempest/tempdemo.zip

Have fun. =)

Got mine today, very nice, good label, plays very smooth, excellent! I am very happy!!!

Man this game is freaking cool. Have been playing it for a few hours now, and it is hard to stop.

I think a better manual would be nice. Till yesterday I was not a tempest-player, and for people who are familiar with the game, everything might be clear, but not for me.

I don't understand what the 'spike' thing is (around level 5?) ...

and i don't understand a few other things. I might learn it myself, but a better manual would be appreciated.

One point about the 'release binaries discussion' ... I'm pretty sure someone will hack this great game into a binary sooner or later. And I think it is very hard to prevent that happening (all other games are available as binary too)... I think it would be smarter for your business if you sell them yourself, so people are able to buy a binary or diskimage.

But it is your game, and your business, so no one can, and should force you doing things you do not want to!

When I wrote some critical notes about the label, I meant that it was cut out not right on the line, but like a child, around 3 years old, had used scissors on the label. I think you should have taken more time on that part. It still is a lot of money, and I think people (at least I do) expect a good looking cart for that money.

Anyway. It is a fabulous game. And I'm very happy I did this purchase.

Well, the difference between now and then:

Now, we have cross-platform tools and easily researched (or not) knowledge bases of the tricks of the trade so far as protection, reverse-engineering, etc.

Then, we had seat-of-the-pants hackers and crackers, which to an extent proved a disincentive for companies to develop new software. But, for every one pulling out, typically new ones would come along.

Now, we have lots of game releases, and quite fairly some developers charge to aquire their software as some small way of recuperating the hundreds of hours of labour that went into the game.

Then, programmers were on wages, if their games got pirated and sold 10% of expected numbers they just *sighed* and got on with the next project.

Now, if people start wholesale just ripping off stuff that is not intended by the authors to be freely distributed, the authors will just say "Fuck you all!" and not bother creating any new games.

I plan of getting this reagrdless of binary release due to the high quality (like Xenophobe) - I just need to free some cash up since I bought a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ;)

I also would love to see a good Venture release on the 8-bit and that was on the list!

The Page to order Tempest Xtreem is now up on the atarisales.com (Video 61) website.

You can goto www.atarisales.com and click on the Tempest Extreme Link or you can go here:

http://members.tcq.net/video61/tempest1.html

(You might have to Refresh the main page to see the link)

The Playable Demo is still available here.

http://www.freewebs.com/kjmannmusic/tempest/tempdemo.zip

Have fun. =)

Got mine today, very nice, good label, plays very smooth, excellent! I am very happy!!!

Several days later and still playing. What a great game!

My copy turned up here in the UK yesterday. Didn't have too long to play last night but really had to drag myself away. A great release thanks!

I agree! It is a great game. I'm still playing and can't stop.

I'm wondering: is there a "PAUSE" key?

Sometimes I'm really doing very well on the game, but I don't want to be the father and husband that is married to his atari :) So then I would love to pause the game, and continue later the day. It is ok to keep the atari powered up...

I got a complaint about one of the games cases today. I would like to clear up a few things.

ONLY the first 20 of the games were in the Black SEGA Boxes. They are the Signature series editions with mine and Pete's Signatures on the backs of them.

After the first 20 like that, the next 30 games come in a clear Plastic Box. They are pretty much the Same as the SEGA boxes But they are just Clear and not Black and

The labels also do not have our signatures on them

After those we will be selling them as a loose cart with instructions.

The bottom line is that we could not find a whole lot of those boxes and we just did as many as we could.

There are still about 15 of the clear plastic box versions left to sell.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

@kjmann

Is there something wrong? Most of the posts in this thread of your hand, do contain some 'irritation' ... It might be only me who has this feeling, but for some reason I never get a very glad feeling when I read your posts.

Please beware of the fact that the people here are your audience and also your market. In you posts about the 'binary' you are using strong and short language, and now again you talk like a military leader...

And last but not least, responding on some questions, suggestions or compliments would give you also a more human face.

Just my thoughts,

greetz

Marius

Well, the difference between now and then:

Now, we have cross-platform tools and easily researched (or not) knowledge bases of the tricks of the trade so far as protection, reverse-engineering, etc.

Then, we had seat-of-the-pants hackers and crackers, which to an extent proved a disincentive for companies to develop new software. But, for every one pulling out, typically new ones would come along.

Now, we have lots of game releases, and quite fairly some developers charge to aquire their software as some small way of recuperating the hundreds of hours of labour that went into the game.

Then, programmers were on wages, if their games got pirated and sold 10% of expected numbers they just *sighed* and got on with the next project.

Now, if people start wholesale just ripping off stuff that is not intended by the authors to be freely distributed, the authors will just say "Fuck you all!" and not bother creating any new games.

Still, if someone could figure out a copy protection technique I wouldn't mind seeing games like this sold on CF or SD. Emulator people could use it on a PC and people with SIO2SD,IDE or Sdrive could use it on the actual 8-bits.

But anyway, the goal would be simply to use it as a media and not give anything away.

They're probably easier for them to have made, cheaper, and they're nice and small (which I like, less cart clutter)...

Edited by sl0re

@kjmann

Is there something wrong? Most of the posts in this thread of your hand, do contain some 'irritation' ... It might be only me who has this feeling, but for some reason I never get a very glad feeling when I read your posts.

Please beware of the fact that the people here are your audience and also your market. In you posts about the 'binary' you are using strong and short language, and now again you talk like a military leader...

And last but not least, responding on some questions, suggestions or compliments would give you also a more human face.

Just my thoughts,

greetz

Marius

I do Apologize Marius and to anyone else. I was just trying to clear up the Confusion with the cases so that people would know what they are buying.

I was in the military at one time and I do come off a bit abrasive Sometimes. =)

I will try to be a little less Short with people in the future. although I really don't like someone asking me to give the game to them (which is what releasing the ROM image for the EMU's would basically do) when we just spent the better part of 2 years developing the game. So maybe I was just a bit irritated when asked about that. Although part of what led to that is the fact that I have stated in at least 2 different posts in the past that we would not be releasing this in any other form except a real cart.

So, once again I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by me short language at times. =) It's not personal just a Flaw with the way I come off when typing. I sound a lot different in person or on the phone. But I'm sure we all do.. lol