IGNORED

Which Odyssey console is this?

Miss 2600

I was wondering if anyone could indentify this console I played in my youth. My parents bought it for me at a yardsale in the early 1980s (1981 or 1982), so it probably came out in the 1970s. It was an Odyssey that had three built-in games (it did not use cartridges). It had three versions of pong built-in. The first two were two-player games and I think the third was a one-player game where the player hit the bowl against a wall. It was white with two knobs (right on the console, there were no separate "paddles") that controlled the players. I only played it a short time and then my folks finally bought me a 2600, so that was the end of the Odyssey.

its one of the series of pongs that magnovox made in the 70's, there are about 5 versions of this, all of which do more or less the same things in a different colored shell. the white one i want to say is an ody1000 but i'm not sure, a quick visit to ebays completed auctions section will clear it up for you. if you want to recapture your childhood these consoles usually sell for under $15 on ebay.

its one of the series of pongs that magnovox made in the 70's, there are about 5 versions of this, all of which do more or less the same things in a different colored shell. the white one i want to say is an ody1000 but i'm not sure.

My family once had an odessy 2000. It had about a dozen or so built in games and joysticks that probably inspired Atari to design the 5200 joystick. (non-self centering) :razz:

you'll be joining the small ranks of dedicated pong collectors, unlike the atari this is not a crowded market. the truth about pongs is that nearly all of them have the same chip set under the hood so in the end you're collecting the shell not the game. that being said a lot of people like to collect the early atari/sears pongs such as stunt cycle. coleco made a great tank game that is also highly sought after. if you're looking for a good pong faq check this out

http://www.chez.com/slydc/sdc01.htm

go to the FAQ section and read the very in depth pong section, sly writes the best faqs.

oh and theres always the atari age pong forum, i've never been there but i hear its nice

i have a few pongs up for trade if you feel like jumping in.

wow!  i looked at the pong history sites.  there really are dozens of different games for each manufacturer.  that is quite a goal to collect them.  i think collecting them will make a nice addition to collecting atari!

Sounds like someone is going to have fun collecting all the different pong style games. Have fun and good luck with your collection! :)