IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Quiet Times

RSS Bot

Nothing very much is happening in my life right now. I've been working on Jack and the Beanstalk. Due to popular demand, I've decided I'd better put a giant in. I've uploaded some videos to RetroJunk but doubt they'll be added since nobody seems to be working on adding them any more. All of them are between '83-'85, with most being in the Orwellian year of 1984. I still sing the "my kitty cat craves chicken, my kitty cat craves milk, my kitty cat craves tuna, so my kitty cat craves Crave." song. Anyone else remember that? Well, going through old tapes has been fun, hand-picking commercials to preserve onto DVD forever. Hopefully, my niece and nephew will turn out to be like me, interested in old commercials, then I can show them stuff from years before they were born! I was only 1 year old in 1984, but i can still remember going through old tapes in the '90s and finding these ads, so these tapes have been around a long time. A few have since broken, sadly. VHS tapes don't last forever, so I'm trying to preserve the most interesting commercials on them, like a guy who looks and sounds like Bob Saget talking about Kellogg's 40% Bran Flakes in 1984. It can't be him, though, can it? Whatever happened to him, anyway? I guess he's been pretty silent since his comeback with an ill-fated sitcom didn't go too well. I wish he was still hosting America's Funniest Home Videos. I quit watching that show since Daisy Fuentes started hosting it, and now it's Tom Bergeron. OK, I'll stop now. ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5665