IGNORED

THE 1 2 P's Demo/Import/Gaming Blog - Super Castlevania 4

RSS Bot

Man do I hate this game. I finally beat it today, after months of time I put into it. It's not a horrible game by any stretch of the imagination. It's just really difficult on certain areas. I could have handled all of that shit when I was younger but now that I'm in my 30's I nearly had a heart attack trying to get thru some of those jumps and such. One instance is the floating platforms on the last level. That took me the better part of a month to conquer. I became a pro at the falling stair cases before it, but the third floating platform kept trying to make me it's bitch. But like Jet Li said in The One--"I am Wulong, I am nobody's bitch". And the first two floating platforms were pretty simple but that last one.....I'm so glad it's over.

This was actually only the third Castlevania game I've ever beaten. The other two were on the PS1: Symthony of The Night and Chronicles. I've played Bloodlines on the Genesis, 1-2 on the Nes and a demo of Curse of Darkness on the Xbox but I've never beaten any of those....atleast not yet. Castlevania 1-3 will be beaten(or attempted to be beaten) next month when I hook my Nes clone back up. Right now I alternate back and forth between it and my Snes so that I don't have too much hooked up at once.

So far Castlevania: SOtN is my favorite. I have played thru the US and japanese PS versions several times. I have the Saturn version but I have yet to even use my Saturn (it's been sitting in it's box for 3 years now). I also have the PC Engine game Dracula X but no system to play it on :( I hate how underpowered I felt against the bosses in SC4, especially Dracula. I don't think I had a sub weapon for any of the bosses except the first one. So I had to use my weak ass whip to try and layeth the smacketh down upon all the bosses sweet candy asses. And thats on top of numerous impossible jumps, whip swings and breakable/invisible platforms. I think it's safe to say I won't be playing this game anymore. Well, maybe if I start from the Dracula fight and enable some cheat codes or something. I may even sell my factory sealed copy now.

Next on the hit list is Darkwatch on my Xbox. I have like two levels left and as soon as I get thru those ridiculous spawning enemy spots I should be ok. Beating two games in one month will definitely be a good start to the year. I hope to beat more this year than I did last year. Last year I only managed to beat:

Metal Slug Anthology[MS 1-6] (PS2)

Ninja Gaiden 2(Nes)

Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy(Xbox)

Max Payne(Xbox)

Max Payne 2(Xbox)

Doom 3(Xbox)

The goal this year is to beat atleast 1 game a month, for a total of atleast 12 by years end. I'll see how well I'm holding up to that in three months.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5666