IGNORED

FlashBoy, loadable flash cart for the Nintendo Virtual Boy on eBay.

Vectrexer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked one of these up. These are very very rare now because they aren't being made anymore, and the reward of being able to keep your games in the plastic for value, play the roms instead, and play the homebrew (VB mario kart here we come!) is well worth the purchase price in my opinion.

From what I've seen in vids, it's very easy and quick to put roms on the cart as well.

These are very very rare now because they aren't being made anymore

They will be, but in smaller batches now. I'm building the boards inbetween other stuff I'm doing.

Up to now 224 have been made and sold and it's been a surprising amount of work, even having someone helping.

These are very very rare now because they aren't being made anymore

They will be, but in smaller batches now. I'm building the boards inbetween other stuff I'm doing.

Up to now 224 have been made and sold and it's been a surprising amount of work, even having someone helping.

I reckon I'll have to get my Virtual Boy working now.

PM me with your address for the total price.

I have about eight left out of the batch that I was going to take to CGExpo. A show that is not going to happen this year. These are the one in the boxes.

If anyone want two of a sequential serial let me know in your PM.

I'll post some pics a little later tonight.

Edited by Vectrexer

Can we get a general price tag on one? I would like one very much but if it is $200 or more I will have to pass for now. Really cool item and I'm not saying it isn't worth that much but that it would be out of my range right now. Any price point?

Can we get a general price tag on one? I would like one very much but if it is $200 or more I will have to pass for now. Really cool item and I'm not saying it isn't worth that much but that it would be out of my range right now. Any price point?

Definitely less than $200. More like the $140 range. The total costs depends on your location and the payment method you want to use.

Definitely less than $200. More like the $140 range. The total costs depends on your location and the payment method you want to use.

Got mine last Xmas from a guy called Chris ¿Is that you?

Very cool cart.

This post reminds me I still have to test it - I've been very busy at work :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris, sent you a couple PMs. Still haven't gotten this and it says the last place it was was in Columbus (45 min from my city) at 1:15 am on May 1st. I know you gave me track and confirm, but do you have any insurance on this item? I told them to red flag this to see if they can find out where this is, but I would like to hear from you so we can figure out what to do on this.

Hope you're still checking these forums,

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

Got mine in 3 days, no problems here... just don't want to eat the instructions before I play, so I hadn't tried it out yet ;)

AX

Yea I think my post office lost mine in the distribution plant in Columbus :(. I have the post office looking for it, but they said the chances of finding it were very slim. I'm just really upset. It's not the seller's fault at all, he's a good guy. I was just really having my hopes up for this as I love playing my VB.

I guess I should just get insurance from now on on everything I get here. There's 143 bucks down the drain.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

• 2 months later...
Got mine in 3 days, no problems here... just don't want to eat the instructions before I play, so I hadn't tried it out yet ;)

AX

Yea I think my post office lost mine in the distribution plant in Columbus :(. I have the post office looking for it, but they said the chances of finding it were very slim. I'm just really upset. It's not the seller's fault at all, he's a good guy. I was just really having my hopes up for this as I love playing my VB.

I guess I should just get insurance from now on on everything I get here. There's 143 bucks down the drain.

Well, at least everything worked out in the end for you with the other I sent out.