IGNORED

Mouse Modification ...

Evad97

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else but I'm not having much luck using the search function.

Anyway, I recently picked up a 1040stfm - unfortunately, it doesn't have a mouse. I've been able to get by with keyboard control but I would really like to start using a mouse. I have a couple of nine-pin mice (commodore & some kind of generic) and was wondering if anybody has ever tried to modify these mice to work with the Atari. Failing that, other than buying one of those PS/2 converters, are there any other options?

(Naturally, if somebody has a spare mouse that they'd like to sell for a reasonable price / pass on, please send me a PM).

Thanks

Dave

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else but I'm not having much luck using the search function.

Anyway, I recently picked up a 1040stfm - unfortunately, it doesn't have a mouse. I've been able to get by with keyboard control but I would really like to start using a mouse. I have a couple of nine-pin mice (commodore & some kind of generic) and was wondering if anybody has ever tried to modify these mice to work with the Atari. Failing that, other than buying one of those PS/2 converters, are there any other options?

(Naturally, if somebody has a spare mouse that they'd like to sell for a reasonable price / pass on, please send me a PM).

Thanks

Dave

you can get a new Atari mouse at www.myatari.com ;)

If you want to use a serial mouse within gem, you can use a serial port mouse driver. You can find one online. This means connecting a serial mouse to one of the ST serial ports. It won't work with games. You can also modify an amiga mouse for use on the ST. Google is your friend for a guide there. For me the best option is a PeST adapter by Techie Alison so you can use a ps2 mouse.

Thanks for the help / thoughts, everyone. The trak-ball mod sounds promising as I have a spare. I also appreciate the advice re: modifying other mice. I think I'll start nosing around to see if I can find the info that I need.

If anybody has any helpful sites / links or other advice, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just muddle through.

Thanks again.

Dave

I still haven't found those instructions about the CX-80 but I did find this:

Note that there are 2 different versions of the CX-80 model. The first version is compatible with the CX-22; the 2nd is compatible with the Atari ST mouse (some jumpers were added to the board inside). The only way to tell which version you have is to either try it, or open it up and look for the jumpers.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?...e;topic=76765.0