IGNORED

How's everybody doing?

Rhindle The Red

How's everybody doing?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How's everybody doing?

• Just fine, thanks.
    • Couldn't be better.
    • I've got this pain in all the diodes down my left side.
    • Not too good, today.
    • Being very patient waiting for a proper Poll of the Week.
    • Chilling out. Listening to Russian pop music.
    • Thankful the holidays are over.
    • Cautiously optimistic.
    • Taking it one day at a time.
    • Fighting the good fight.
    • Going over the top.
    • Irritated by this bunion.
    • Worrying about my hair loss.
    • Asleep.
    • Hungry. But not *too* hungry.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

The good news is that my body and the marrow are currently stable at this time thanks to a wonder pill that was approve in 2002 (or 03) called Gleevec. I currently take 3, 100mg tablets per day and i'm currently doing fine. The only problem is that my platelets keep going down once in a while and that I need a transfusion for them to help stop bleeding. Currently i'm at 69 (which is just OK)

What my doctors in Oncology are concern about is the my genetics structure. There in a advance stage in which i'm at risk of a even stronger Leukemia then I have at this moment. I have the CML (Chronic) version.

What they strongly suggest for me is having a bone marrow transplant down the road and end this once and for all. I on the other hand i'm trying to get a 2nd and a possible 3rd opinion from other doctors to see what they suggest. Personally, I have plenty of options now (thanks to Gleevec and new drugs out there that have been approved) and really don't want to do a transplant and struggle with chemotherapy. Unlike patients (sadly) before 2002, a bone marrow transplant is the only option they had. But thanks to Gleevec after 2002, it was a bullet to attack cancer head on type of pill that is helping millions in the world.

Gleevec is terribly expensive (like most cancer pills) and it cost thousands of dollars a year. Plus its pure form. Thankfully, Medicaid is paying for it.

As of now where trying to find a donor. It way take up to 3 months. But me and my family are being extremely cautious and planning head if a do need one. Unfortunately, my brother volunteered but he wasn't a match.

I'm not going to let this get the best of me. I'm a fighter, not a quiter. Thanks for everything guys and you'll be hearing from me hopefully in the next 100 years God willing.

Anthony....

Hopefully medical advancements will continue at a fast rate so that you can return to 100% health very soon.

Between personal experience, as well as with some family and friends who have had serious medical conditions, slight changes in lifestyle (especially pertaining to diet) can greatly benefit health conditions. For instance, i've read extensively about supplements and proper diet a lot in recent years and am absolutely convinced that the right "mix" of diet and supplements can alleviate any condition; maybe cure it. Most doctors either don't know or don't tell their patients of simple things that can be done to improve health conditions.

For example, most of our food is processed, depleted of nutrients, and often times has poisonous additives. Look at what aspartame and table salt and sugar does to the body: they cause disease (aspartame is carcinogenic and should never have been allowed in foods; table salt and sugar are stripped of their nutrients and actually incur nutritional deficiencies, lower the immune system, and cause disease). By the way, the only salt you should ingest is UNREFINED SEA SALT WITH NO ADDITIVES (it should say exactly that on the label) such as Pink Himalayan Sea Salt or Celtic Grey Sea Salt, among others, because it provides the minerals the body needs (and we ABSOLUTELY NEED THEM, especially the trace minerals that many people are deficient in, and those found in most commercial multivitamins are useless by the body) in their original form, natural ratios, and are highly assimilable for use by the body (also, you need to eat small amounts of salt throughout the day and unrefined sea salt WILL NOT increase your blood pressure, but refined table salt WILL - my father is living proof of it). Keeping the body hydrated (sip the cleanest water you can all day), eat generous amounts of fruits and vegetables (those you're not allergic to of course), and avoid the junk food - and it's hard as hell at first but when you get over it and fill your diet with good food you'll feel and see the difference and not crave it anymore. Your immune system will be higher too along with more energy.

I’ve sharply reduced a severe asthmatic condition (and it’s frequent nighttime hospital visits), an acne condition, and have lost weight by eliminating cow’s milk and all wheat products, which in my case I was/am extremely allergic to (I eat several varieties of rice instead of cereal, bread, etc.), adding a pinch of unrefined sea salt to most meals which provides all trace minerals (has greatly improved my skin), drinking distilled and spring water throughout the day, eliminating junk foods, and exercising three times/week. On top of that I rarely get sick, have more energy, and don't have that "mind fog" that I used to get a lot during the day.

Sorry for the boring, long reply and maybe you know about all of this (and I realize that while you're on the medication you may not be able to make many changes) but I wanted to write it because if anything I wrote here helps you or anybody else then it's well worth it.

Best of luck and keep us informed!!! ;)

Edited by 1982VideoGames

Hi guys,

The good news is that my body and the marrow are currently stable at this time thanks to a wonder pill that was approve in 2002 (or 03) called Gleevec. I currently take 3, 100mg tablets per day and i'm currently doing fine. The only problem is that my platelets keep going down once in a while and that I need a transfusion for them to help stop bleeding. Currently i'm at 69 (which is just OK)

What my doctors in Oncology are concern about is the my genetics structure. There in a advance stage in which i'm at risk of a even stronger Leukemia then I have at this moment. I have the CML (Chronic) version.

What they strongly suggest for me is having a bone marrow transplant down the road and end this once and for all. I on the other hand i'm trying to get a 2nd and a possible 3rd opinion from other doctors to see what they suggest. Personally, I have plenty of options now (thanks to Gleevec and new drugs out there that have been approved) and really don't want to do a transplant and struggle with chemotherapy. Unlike patients (sadly) before 2002, a bone marrow transplant is the only option they had. But thanks to Gleevec after 2002, it was a bullet to attack cancer head on type of pill that is helping millions in the world.

Gleevec is terribly expensive (like most cancer pills) and it cost thousands of dollars a year. Plus its pure form. Thankfully, Medicaid is paying for it.

As of now where trying to find a donor. It way take up to 3 months. But me and my family are being extremely cautious and planning head if a do need one. Unfortunately, my brother volunteered but he wasn't a match.

I'm not going to let this get the best of me. I'm a fighter, not a quiter. Thanks for everything guys and you'll be hearing from me hopefully in the next 100 years God willing.

Anthony....

Hopefully medical advancements will continue at a fast rate so that you can return to 100% health very soon.

Between personal experience, as well as with some family and friends who have had serious medical conditions, slight changes in lifestyle (especially pertaining to diet) can greatly benefit health conditions. For instance, i've read extensively about supplements and proper diet a lot in recent years and am absolutely convinced that the right "mix" of diet and supplements can alleviate any condition; maybe cure it. Most doctors either don't know or don't tell their patients of simple things that can be done to improve health conditions.

For example, most of our food is processed, depleted of nutrients, and often times has poisonous additives. Look at what aspartame and table salt and sugar does to the body: they cause disease (aspartame is carcinogenic and should never have been allowed in foods; table salt and sugar are stripped of their nutrients and actually incur nutritional deficiencies, lower the immune system, and cause disease). By the way, the only salt you should ingest is UNREFINED SEA SALT WITH NO ADDITIVES (it should say exactly that on the label) such as Pink Himalayan Sea Salt or Celtic Grey Sea Salt, among others, because it provides the minerals the body needs (and we ABSOLUTELY NEED THEM, especially the trace minerals that many people are deficient in, and those found in most commercial multivitamins are useless by the body) in their original form, natural ratios, and are highly assimilable for use by the body (also, you need to eat small amounts of salt throughout the day and unrefined sea salt WILL NOT increase your blood pressure, but refined table salt WILL - my father is living proof of it). Keeping the body hydrated (sip the cleanest water you can all day), eat generous amounts of fruits and vegetables (those you're not allergic to of course), and avoid the junk food - and it's hard as hell at first but when you get over it and fill your diet with good food you'll feel and see the difference and not crave it anymore. Your immune system will be higher too along with more energy.

I’ve sharply reduced a severe asthmatic condition (and it’s frequent nighttime hospital visits), an acne condition, and have lost weight by eliminating cow’s milk and all wheat products, which in my case I was/am extremely allergic to (I eat several varieties of rice instead of cereal, bread, etc.), adding a pinch of unrefined sea salt to most meals which provides all trace minerals (has greatly improved my skin), drinking distilled and spring water throughout the day, eliminating junk foods, and exercising three times/week. On top of that I rarely get sick, have more energy, and don't have that "mind fog" that I used to get a lot during the day.

Sorry for the boring, long reply and maybe you know about all of this (and I realize that while you're on the medication you may not be able to make many changes) but I wanted to write it because if anything I wrote here helps you or anybody else then it's well worth it.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. It was well with the time and effort. Another important health factor I include is to have a very, very high spirit!! Without that, we would be doomed!

Anthony....

Hi guys,

Anthony....

Hi,

Thanks for the information. It was well with the time and effort. Another important health factor I include is to have a very, very high spirit!! Without that, we would be doomed!

Anthony....

That's for sure!

Keep yourself happy and positive; especially w/ family and a close friend or two; playing your favorite games that keeps your mind occupied, doing the little things that make you happy, etc.

You definately know what needs to be done - keep it up!! ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...