IGNORED

Jboypacman's Blog - Alien Syndrome meets Metroid

RSS Bot

This is the best way i can describe Scurge Hive for the Nintendo DS which is a game i was giving as a gift from my good friend Nectarsis over on the PCEngineFX.Com forums.

Scurge Hive has many things in common with Metroid in the fact the hero of the game is a female bounty hunter and she wares a protective body suit/armor.

She also requires a "tether line" early in the game which is used to move items around(This part reminds me a little of Bionic Commando).

The game is play from a isometric view with you moving through a research complex that is over run with Scurge infected creatures both biological and mechanical in nature.

The view and nature of this game really has a "Alien Syndrome" vibe to me which is great has am a fan of that Sega classic.

Seeing as this is a Nintendo DS game it makes use of the two DS screens with the top screen as your main screen and the bottom touch screen acting as your H.U.D. with various functions such has a map and your level of infection from the Scurge.

While i have so far found this game to be enjoyable for some short playtimes the controls/directional movements can be a bear for me some times with myself trying to get myself in the right position on the screen.

Sounds are great and sound fantastic on the DS and the graphics are nice and detailed but are cartoonish in there look but i find nothing wrong with this as it works quite well for this game.

Overall Scurge Hive takes various ideals/themes from other games and for the most part makes them work well together and i do like this game. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5697