IGNORED

CIB Dragonstomper, ends at midnight

Zwackery

Funny, just a couple of months ago a couple of these games were over $80 boxed. Goes to show that you can't take a video game being expensive too seriously. Here is what happens with the Atari 2600. A couple collectors enter into buying a ton of games at the same time. They in a short period raise the prices dramatically. But because there are no other collectors besides these two that need the semi-rare game the price goes back down. Yes, this game is showing up less often, but the fact of the matter is that people entering into collecting for the Atari 260 are actually slowing down as well.

Sometimes, things are just random, too. Collectors just miss a particular auction for no reason at all. I've gotten a few things on ebay for a couple bucks that a few days later the same item (similar condition) end up going for a lot more. It happens.

Patience and timing are definitely important in collecting. In November I picked up a boxed copy (minus the instruction manual, but I already had that) of Tanks But No Tanks for $40. A month later, a CIB copy went for $203. That's why when people emphatically state "thus and such a game is worth X dollars" I always wonder if they are doing their research.

Patience and timing are definitely important in collecting. In November I picked up a boxed copy (minus the instruction manual, but I already had that) of Tanks But No Tanks for $40. A month later, a CIB copy went for $203. That's why when people emphatically state "thus and such a game is worth X dollars" I always wonder if they are doing their research.

Wasn´t it a sealed copy that went for 203$??? :ponder:

Wasn´t it a sealed copy that went for 203$??? :ponder:

It wasn't sealed, but the box was in rather good condition. Still, quite a jump for that box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370130753726

"Atari 2600 Tanks But No Tanks, MINT Boxed Collectors!

This auction is aimed at collectors looking for rare games in superior condition. You are bidding on a great rarity for the Atari 2600, Tanks But No Tanks, in superb boxed condition. Tanks But No Tanks saw a limited production run from the little company known as Zimag. All games by Zimag are tough to find as loose crtridges, but they are ultra rare in the condition offered here: COMPLETE, with box, docs and cart, all in excellent condition. The box is in superb shape, with just a little creasing at some corners that is visible only on close inspection. Please see the picture--it's in great shape and has great color. The INNER flap at the top (the one that does not show, the flap with the name of the game on it folds over it) is torn. Still, I'd rate it at 9 out of 10. The instructions and cartridge are also in excellent condition. The cartridge has some microflaws like a little glue bleed through, but way less than Zimag cartridge usually show. And the label has great gloss. Serious collectors don't need to be told how difficult it is to find Zimag games in this condition. It's tested and working fine."

post-5874-1231799334_thumb.jpg

Funny, just a couple of months ago a couple of these games were over $80 boxed. Goes to show that you can't take a video game being expensive too seriously. Here is what happens with the Atari 2600. A couple collectors enter into buying a ton of games at the same time. They in a short period raise the prices dramatically. But because there are no other collectors besides these two that need the semi-rare game the price goes back down. Yes, this game is showing up less often, but the fact of the matter is that people entering into collecting for the Atari 260 are actually slowing down as well.

finally you are getting how it works ;)