IGNORED

Auto menu's?

OK I love these disk's back in the day ;) but I like to know is there a way to pull a game off the disk without having to use auto menu's to run that one game. :ponder:

I've looked at some of the directory's I can see things like *.WAS or *.LSD I take it that they are the games files. So how can this done?

So you want to pull a game off a menu that auto-loads it and put it on a disk where you have to click it instead? seems rather pointless to me.

Now, if it's for Hard Disk installation, try:

http://dbug-automation.co.uk and click "patches" at the top.

;-)

OK I love these disk's back in the day ;) but I like to know is there a way to pull a game off the disk without having to use auto menu's to run that one game. :ponder:

I've looked at some of the directory's I can see things like *.WAS or *.LSD I take it that they are the games files. So how can this done?

So you want to pull a game off a menu that auto-loads it and put it on a disk where you have to click it instead? seems rather pointless to me.

That's not necessary for every game. Some games on menu disks are just renamed .PRGs (e.g. "Stunt Car Racer" off one menucan't remember which one though.

The point of this is either hard disk use or getting rid of unwanted games (if there is only one good title on a menu disk and three crap titles, what's the point in keeping the crap titles?).

Thorsten

That's not necessary for every game. Some games on menu disks are just renamed .PRGs (e.g. "Stunt Car Racer" off one menucan't remember which one though.

The point of this is either hard disk use or getting rid of unwanted games (if there is only one good title on a menu disk and three crap titles, what's the point in keeping the crap titles?).

Thorsten

Yes, Thats what I'm talking about getting rid of unwanted games and yes it's mostly for hard disk use but not all games are going to run off the hard disk so I like them on one or two floppy's instant of needing 10 disk's just for ten games. :roll:

@ CyranoJ pointless no, but a need ;)

Sometimes it can be done very simple, as is mentioned here. Sometimes crackers protect their 'work'. Sometimes game must be run from AUTO folder etc... There is a lot of variants. For hard disk usage often a lot of modification is needed. But even for floppy usage it is not pointless. For instance there are several cases where menu runs not on higher TOS versions, but game itself runs well. Not to mention that not anyone likes to watch intros full with messages without any sense...

;-)

Cool. I've been looking into getting hard drive autoboots to work in WinstonX (Winston compiled for the xbox). The functionality is there, just not taken advantage of.

I've been looking into getting hard drive autoboots to work in WinstonX (Winston compiled for the xbox). The functionality is there, just not taken advantage of.

Winston ? So, Steem works not on Xbox ? I don't see the point to do it with Winston, as it lacks true hard disk emulation.

Autoboot from mounted some DIR of Win as Atari partition is not same as autoboot from real hard disk.

Better try with Hatari, as it has ACSI emulation. In Steem ACSI emulation works via Pasti.dll .

Here you can read little about adaptations (not covering whole issue) : http://ppera.07x.net/atari/playfhd.html

I've been looking into getting hard drive autoboots to work in WinstonX (Winston compiled for the xbox). The functionality is there, just not taken advantage of.

Winston ? So, Steem works not on Xbox ? I don't see the point to do it with Winston, as it lacks true hard disk emulation.

Autoboot from mounted some DIR of Win as Atari partition is not same as autoboot from real hard disk.

Better try with Hatari, as it has ACSI emulation. In Steem ACSI emulation works via Pasti.dll .

Here you can read little about adaptations (not covering whole issue) : http://ppera.07x.net/atari/playfhd.html

Did you even read his post? He's running it on an X-Box. :roll:

Cool. I've been looking into getting hard drive autoboots to work in WinstonX (Winston compiled for the xbox). The functionality is there, just not taken advantage of.

Whats the speed / compatiblity rate like on WinsonX? I dont have it installed at the moment on my xbox. I'd imagine overscan / cycle accurate stuff doesnt work?

CJ

The people here could probably answer that question better than I. From what I understand WinstonX plays games very well but has issues with cycle accurate. Which means mostly demo's.

If you all could tell me which emu is the best overrall I'd appreciate it. I may have to take a crack at porting it over someday!

The people here could probably answer that question better than I. From what I understand WinstonX plays games very well but has issues with cycle accurate. Which means mostly demo's.

If you all could tell me which emu is the best overrall I'd appreciate it. I may have to take a crack at porting it over someday!

Steem and Saint are by far the best available, but the sources are not publically available. Hatari is probably the best open source emulator around atm although I don't use it because I really hate the user interface (and also because *nothing* currently beats Steem's Boiler Room debugger, and I spend more time looking at code than whats actually on the screen)

Steem and Saint are by far the best available, but the sources are not publically available. Hatari is probably the best open source emulator around atm although I don't use it because I really hate the user interface (and also because *nothing* currently beats Steem's Boiler Room debugger, and I spend more time looking at code than whats actually on the screen)

Thanks for the info. For the xbox I'm not so much worried about fancy features like debuggers. Since they are best left for pc environments only anyways. Isn't Hatar based off of the Winston code?

What's the point of running 'hard drive autoboots' with emulator ? Which btw. has no real hard disk emulation. What is 'hard drive autoboot' at all ? (see recent thread about here).

I suggest that stay by floppy images.