IGNORED

Giant Atari Joystick Lamp

Albert

Now that's one hell of a lamp! We got to get this mass produced! Talk about the ultimate conversation piece to an 80s game room!

You can say that again! I'm going to build one and as someone else in here mentioned, I'll add sound to it so when you turn it on, you hear the intro sound of Pac-Man and when you turn it off you'll hear the sound of Pac-Man when you lose a life.

Now that's one hell of a lamp! We got to get this mass produced! Talk about the ultimate conversation piece to an 80s game room!

You can say that again! I'm going to build one and as someone else in here mentioned, I'll add sound to it so when you turn it on, you hear the intro sound of Pac-Man and when you turn it off you'll hear the sound of Pac-Man when you lose a life.

It needs the intro song from Dig Dug that was full of awesome

It needs the intro song from Dig Dug that was full of awesome

Yes that one was good too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's time to unveil this:

post-6095-1234708553_thumb.jpg

post-6095-1234708557_thumb.jpg

It's not painted yet, obviously and the little dashes aren't on there yet. The button is actually a switch to turn the lamp on and off.

The joystick DOES look the correct scale when the lamp shade is on top. It was in Home Depot to get a feel for how long the joystick should be to get it to look scale.

If anyone is interested in one, let me know. I'll have more pictures in a few weeks.

Plus, I am still looking for a place to print on a lampshade.. either that or I'll just make mine like the guy from Instructables did. Without making the lampshades in advance I'd be able to put whatever someone wanted on it.

Edited by yuppicide

It's not painted yet, obviously and the little dashes aren't on there yet. The button is actually a switch to turn the lamp on and off.

The joystick DOES look the correct scale when the lamp shade is on top. It was in Home Depot to get a feel for how long the joystick should be to get it to look scale.

If anyone is interested in one, let me know. I'll have more pictures in a few weeks.

Plus, I am still looking for a place to print on a lampshade.. either that or I'll just make mine like the guy from Instructables did. Without making the lampshades in advance I'd be able to put whatever someone wanted on it.

VERY nice work! I can't wait to see it completed!

I think a lampshade with the classic Atari logo tiled acorss it would look just as nice. With either a black lampshade or even woodgrain!

I think a black lampshade would be nice too.

Just so there's no confusion here.. my friend is making this for me. I did not make it. He has taken measurements and will make more if people want them. I had him take measurements for this purpose and because eventually I think I want a second one myself.

I think a lampshade with the classic Atari logo tiled acorss it would look just as nice. With either a black lampshade or even woodgrain!

• 4 months later...

Someone on here purchased the one off me. I believe the final cost was $110 + about $15 shipping. Um, the only thing I later realized is I had a clamp that holds on the shade, but forgot to send it in the package.

I contacted them and didn't hear back anything, so I'm guessing their satisfied with the quality of everything.

On page 2 of THIS thread I have posted a picture of the final product without shade.

VERY nice work! I can't wait to see it completed!

Wow, I like the look of it in wood tone, with those contrasting woods. That's beautiful, now I gotta make me one :D