IGNORED

Favorite Underrated PSX games?

STICH666

And my fav RPGs are all on the PS1:

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy 8

Final Fantasy Tactics

Those were under-rated?

As far as Jumping Flash, totally agree. Don't forget JF3 Robbit Mon Dieu (or however it's spelled,)

some other sleeper psux faves of mine:

linked 2 system 2 screen bushido blade

echo night

kings field

n20

nanotek warrior

tron bonne

roll away

sentinel returns

sentient (what a great conversation system and interesting ai, almost feels like a texture mapped later-era infocom game...)

too many others to list :) I think the only games I liked on the psux were the sleepers :)

And my fav RPGs are all on the PS1:

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy 8

Final Fantasy Tactics

Those were under-rated?

nope.....but i just felt like listing them :)

:P

Well in that case, my favorite underrated psux games are :

medievil

metal gear solid

ape escape

destruction derby

silent hill

etc

I'm not sure how underrated these games are... it's tough to remember how well received these games were. But a small list of games I enjoy(ed) but I don't think did well commercially:

Fighting Force - Fairly easy beat-em-up. One of the few games I was able to beat, and while not a lot of variety, it is fun and short (beat the game in a couple hours).

ESPN Xtreme Games - Kinda like Road Rash on bicycles and skateboards. Really enjoyable, beating someone until they tumbled off their bike. (Early, 1st gen game... I have this in the original BIG box)

Monster Rancher - Peculiar Japenese breeding/fighting game. I still pull this one out occasionally when a certain friend comes to visit... he always asks to play this (either this or Pinball Fantasies on Jaguar).

Krazy Ivan - Early mech game. Fantastic gameplay, if you like mech games. (Early, 1st gen game... I also have this in the original BIG box)

Cheers,

Smeg

Anyone try Driver? I used to love that game. The pre-quel of GTA guess....

I used to be obsessed with that game. Very realistic for the times.

You couldn't even speed by a red light without getting a cop on your ass.

Nowadays in GTA-style games, you can speed all over the place like a madman without the cops batting an eye.

Aaah yesss... many enjoyable evenings have I had, with my friends, fooling around with Driver 1. We could zone out for hours, running on the loose in Miami, San Fran, or LA. We loved pretending we were driving the cops mad with our shenanigans, or pushing them to run into or over whatever suited our fancy. The invincibility code was a must, for novices.

We were especially amused when we succeeded to lead a cop to jump so high he went airborne, in one of the downtown hills of SF. That's what video replays are for <grin>.

Alundra

Echo Night

Nightmare Creatures

Deathtrap Dungeon (hard!)

the remake of Asteroids

Blood Omen is awesome, probably one of my all time favorites. Lots of people know of the Legacy of Kain series, not too many people seem to have played it, at least in my area.

There ARE more good under-rated titles.... Hmmm... Colony Wars anyone?

I just picked up a game from eBay called Omega Boost for the PS1, man is this 3d on rails shoot em up fun. I think this one is well worth picking up if you see it (can be had for around 5 dollars shipped, so it's literally a lot of bang for your bucks).

I'm glad to see Nanotek Warrior made someone's list, because I recently picked that one up but havent tried it yet. Asteroids for the PS1 is pretty fun, but the version for the n64 (Hyper Asteroids 64) while similar graphically is a lot better. Another remake that is fun on the PS1 that is overlooked is Frogger, it's not the adventure one, the regular Frogger from Hasbro, it is really old school and really fun.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

Blood Omen is awesome, probably one of my all time favorites. Lots of people know of the Legacy of Kain series, not too many people seem to have played it, at least in my area.

There ARE more good under-rated titles.... Hmmm... Colony Wars anyone?

Vae Victus!!!!!!

Yes, awesome game but it was rated pretty high if I remember.

Anyone try Driver? I used to love that game. The pre-quel of GTA guess....

I used to be obsessed with that game. Very realistic for the times.

You couldn't even speed by a red light without getting a cop on your ass.

Nowadays in GTA-style games, you can speed all over the place like a madman without the cops batting an eye.

I agree.

:)

Many underrated games:

Title Match Pro Wrestling - A lot of people liked this game, and I can see why. The only annoying thing is the way the referee always yells 'Break it up!'

Battle Hunter - Back when they had those budget games for $10 with the colorful titles on them and the different icons denoting what kind of games they were, this was a masterpiece. It's a lot of fun, especially with multiple players.

Clock Tower - Yeah, I agree CT2 wasn't a Clock Tower game, it was more like a point-and-click Resident Evil clone. But the original game was truly a masterpiece. You never knew when Scissorman was gonna pop out, and all the grisly deaths you could encounter. Why they changed the formula for the next game is beyond me. If only they'd kept within the traditional formula, then all would have worked better.

T.R.A.G. - Yes, I will admit that the dialogue is awful. What the hell happened, were they just grabbing random people and putting them in the studio, or were they paying them barely minimum wage? But anyway, I think the storyline is solid, and the gameplay is rather nice too with the ability to switch off at times.

Martian Gothic - Another $10 game, and yes another survival horror clone. But the thing here is that you can switch between your three characters at any time, and the fact you save your game by loading a computer game that everyone hates is a unique idea. Not to mention, the warning 'Stay alone, stay alive' is a rule in that you can't be in the same room with another player character or it's game over.

Danger Girl - A solid action/adventure game if I say so myself. Wish I could find the damned game again...

We were especially amused when we succeeded to lead a cop to jump so high he went airborne, in one of the downtown hills of SF. That's what video replays are for <grin>.

I wish me and my buds had our custom-made crashs still saved. That video replay customization really made the game. We fooled around with that to make AWESOME crashes look even cooler more than playing the actual game.

"Clock Tower - Yeah, I agree CT2 wasn't a Clock Tower game, it was more like a point-and-click Resident Evil clone. But the original game was truly a masterpiece. You never knew when Scissorman was gonna pop out, and all the grisly deaths you could encounter..."

Oh man... F&%$ Scissor Man!!! I still get jumpy playing Clock Tower... I have died soooo many times. Still, the only other game that gives me THAT much of a sense of anxiety is the first Silent Hill. I have rarely gotten rid of any of my videogames... so I still have most of the games I bought "back in the day." Thost two, and Fatal Frame top my list of "scaries"...Though Fatal Frame is PS2. But of course Silent Hill got decent ratings.

Omega Boost... forgot that one, really cool. A friend showed me that one. Pretty fast paced action.

If you like Evil Dead... Hail to the King... though it's kinda tough. I have yet to beat it.

Wait... Pressure Cooker... Nurgle??? As in 40K Nurgle? I JUST noticed that, and had to ask! Fort Smith... man I used to live there.