IGNORED

Atari 5200 Kiosk on the bay

ckirkman

Oh I'd LOVE to get that, but $4,000 is way too much. It's a very nice looking kiosk though.

Tempest

The last two of these that sold went for way less than $4,000. I had an opportunity to buy one for less than $500 not that long ago. I passed it up because these things are huge. Jason from Trade N Games has one of these in his store. I couldn't believe how big it is - much bigger than I remember from 25 years ago.

If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have the original 5200 board in it. Mine is a bare board with a few custom mods for video output.

Wait, so it has a composite mod on there? Can you take some pics? I'm curious what the official Atari 5200 composite mod looks like. :)

Mitch

Oh I'd LOVE to get that, but $4,000 is way too much. It's a very nice looking kiosk though.

Tempest

The last two of these that sold went for way less than $4,000. I had an opportunity to buy one for less than $500 not that long ago. I passed it up because these things are huge. Jason from Trade N Games has one of these in his store. I couldn't believe how big it is - much bigger than I remember from 25 years ago.

Yes they're HUGE! Curt had one on display (or a repro of one anyway) at one of the PC shows. I couldn't believe how big it was! I guess big was in when it came to the 5200... :)

On a side note, are there Atari 8-bit kiosks? Something for the 400/800? I remember seeing something that looked like it came off one, but not the actual kiosk.

Tempest

Wait, so it has a composite mod on there? Can you take some pics? I'm curious what the official Atari 5200 composite mod looks like. :)

Mitch

I believe that's what it is. I'll dig my board out in the next couple of days and snap some pics of it for you.

How do people get there hands on this stuff?

Mine came from an arcade reseller in Oklahoma City several years ago. Seems like most of the ones I've seen for sale are coming from arcade folks.

I'll dig my board out in the next couple of days and snap some pics of it for you.

That would be excellent. Thanks.

Mitch

Hello, check out Curt's site, there is a field manual for the kiosk and some info on the modified board.

Nice! I wonder how I missed that before.

Thanks,

Mitch

I'll dig my board out in the next couple of days and snap some pics of it for you.

That would be excellent. Thanks.

Mitch

Hello, check out Curt's site, there is a field manual for the kiosk and some info on the modified board.

Hmm, it looks like whoever scanned it only did the front side of all the double-sided pages, so there are a bunch of pages missing. Bummer. I guess it's better than nothing though. I'll have to check with Curt once he's 100% and see if he has access to the missing pages.

Mitch

It's always cool to see rare classic items like this.

It's also nice to see that some people have the insight to hold onto and maintain the value of classic gaming merchandise.

Thanks for the link!

what game is on the 5200 screen in the image

aacd_1.JPG

Miner2049er

Nope. That's Bounty Bob Stikes Back. Level 1. His Morning Calestenics. :D

Mitch

I believe that's what it is. I'll dig my board out in the next couple of days and snap some pics of it for you.

How do people get there hands on this stuff?

Mine came from an arcade reseller in Oklahoma City several years ago. Seems like most of the ones I've seen for sale are coming from arcade folks.

I got mine from the same guy. he called me after i got mine and said he found another. The display is a beast! Made with 1 inch thick boards by atari Arcade division. I try not to move mine around since it could kill someone if it fell over. I would think for a nice one $500-1000 however the Jaguar display is something I have wanted for some time I would go $1500 on it if it was local. i found a local 2600 display last year and when I looked at it it was needing to be restored big time and offered $300 and the people thought it was worth $2000 in very bad shape from emails they got form Atari Age members so i think they gutted it and used it for a xbox system and storage.