IGNORED

Introducing the XMJ8

FlorianD

• 3 weeks later...
@pepax: yes you are right, I'm collecting the stuff needed for cleanup. Not easy to get the H2O2 in the needed strength.

...just recognized the english text for the XMc08+ is missing. Sorry, it will follow soon.

If someone would patch mule to work with that, it would be awesome.

• 1 month later...
i guess floppy cases to atari st are pretty common in Germany?

nicely done! would work a bit longer on front panel though (utilisation of disk slot)

yes, the SF354 was the single sided 350k floppy disk, the SF314 was the double sided 700k one. when the ST (260, 512) came out around 1983 the SF354 were common but alomost everybody switched to a 314 as soon as possible.

I thought about giving the front plate a better finish, perhaps rectangular flat LED mounted in a 45deg angle, but then, I had the LED at hand and would not put too much effort into it. Maybe later, and maybe I include a 2computer interface into that case, so that it is a 2way hub with a 2computer interface (where 2 ataris can share one SIO chain).

yes, the SF354 was the single sided 350k floppy disk, the SF314 was the double sided 700k one. when the ST (260, 512) came out around 1983 the SF354 were common but alomost everybody switched to a 314 as soon as possible.

Errm,

just to correct some of your numbers...

- single sided 350k floppy disk - you surely mean single sided 360k floppy disk, don`t you ?!?

- the double sided 700k one - you surely mean the double sided 720k one, don`t you ?!?

- when the ST came out around 1983 - you surely mean when the ST came out around 1985, don`t you ?!?

- the ST`s common numbers were 260 ST, 520 ST (not 512) and 1040 ST to name just a few...

you can find some information and pictures of ST hardware e.g. here: http://www.maedicke.de/atari/hardware.htm

greetings and don`t flame me - I am no ST fan and never will be, Andreas Koch.

Augh, shame on me!

It is all so long gone, so far away, cant remember the correct numbers.

I only owned an ST for a couple of years. Sticked with ATARI 8 Bit, that's why.

Got the 700K mixed up with the Apple Mac disks, they had an odd 800k instead of 720k. And no eject button.

CC - won't flame you at all! Thanks for telling me the right facts.

to be honest: I still have an 1040STFM (again) with a mouse and 3 disks: "Super Sprint", "HacMan" and "North and South". These are the best games I remember for the ST. I remember "Lotus Turbo Challenge" was OK, and a few others.

I would give quite a bit for a copy of "Full Metal Planet(e)". Sold my copy with the little metal model years ago when I sold my ST, *rats*.