IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 9 " Asteroids "

darthkur

I'm also pretty frustrated with my ship blowing up for no reason when I transport.

This happened to me one game (On a high scoring one too), I had one clean transport, but the next 4 the ship exploded when it re-appeared in a clear asteroid free area.

Last night when I was playing a stray 'bullet' from somewhere managed to blow up my ship. Then again this afternoon it happened again, but this time I noticed where it came from. It was me! I somehow have now managed to blow up my own ship twice with my own gun. I was shooting, spun, moved and crossed over far enough that the shots wrapping the screen hit me. Thought it was pretty funny.

Last night when I was playing a stray 'bullet' from somewhere managed to blow up my ship. Then again this afternoon it happened again, but this time I noticed where it came from. It was me! I somehow have now managed to blow up my own ship twice with my own gun. I was shooting, spun, moved and crossed over far enough that the shots wrapping the screen hit me. Thought it was pretty funny.

Interesting... You would think that you would be immune to your own fire... you know... to be more realistic. :ponder:

I wonder if I'm transporting into my own fire... I'll have to pay attention the next time it happens.

post-17553-1233109472_thumb.png

imagen105xx3.th.jpg

In early waves, I can just stay at center of the screen, but later waves I must to move to survive. I don't use hyperspace, for me it worse than trying to survive. Shields would be better.

Good game, anyway I like more the Asteroids version included in Asteroids de luxe :)

imagen105xx3.th.jpg

In early waves, I can just stay at center of the screen, but later waves I must to move to survive. I don't use hyperspace, for me it worse than trying to survive. Shields would be better.

Good game, anyway I like more the Asteroids version included in Asteroids de luxe :)

I've not played de Luxe but did look at the write up. When I saw that the "asteroids were faster" I thought to myself, now there is a change that I would not be able to handle. They are fast enough already. I've been going back and forth between styles of play and still have yet to find a sure fire niche. I try to never use the warp and never fire at any medium to large rocks that are an inch or less from me (unless they are moving away from my ship).

Nice score by the way : )

Just when it looked like you might win by 220 points, you get that great score. Very impressive. :)

Thanks! I seem to do better when I play later at night. I was pretty sure I'd pass my 60k score because I had 3 ships and was at 63k, never thought I'd get to almost 90k though. And to think I would always avoid this game! That is why I like the HSC so much (Unless they do DigDug again). ; )

Just when it looked like you might win by 220 points, you get that great score. Very impressive. :)

Thanks! I seem to do better when I play later at night. I was pretty sure I'd pass my 60k score because I had 3 ships and was at 63k, never thought I'd get to almost 90k though. And to think I would always avoid this game! That is why I like the HSC so much (Unless they do DigDug again). ; )

When i play Dig Dug i always use a SEGA Genesis controller, the pain line is to difficult to use for this game.

I haven't played Dig Dug with the joypad controller yet.