IGNORED

European Falcon 030 interesting for foreign countries?

Marius

Hi folks,

Today I decided I really need some more space for my atari 8bit collection. And so... I'm going to sell my atari Falcon / Atari ST collection.

I want to sell them international, because the Atari ST/Falcon market in The Netherlands is as good as nothing.

But... now I'm wondering.

My Falcon030's are PAL and are powered by 220V.

I guess it is easy for someone to replace that powersupply, but it is not so easy to make this thing NTSC. I guess...

So is it still interesting to sell them international? I don't want to sell something to someone who would not be able to get around with it.

Thanks

Marius

Hi folks,

Today I decided I really need some more space for my atari 8bit collection. And so... I'm going to sell my atari Falcon / Atari ST collection.

I want to sell them international, because the Atari ST/Falcon market in The Netherlands is as good as nothing.

I guess it is easy for someone to replace that powersupply, but it is not so easy to make this thing NTSC. I guess...

So is it still interesting to sell them international? I don't want to sell something to someone who would not be able to get around with it.

Thanks

Marius

What are you looking for for a PAL Falcon? I'm in the UK and would love to get hold of one at some point in my life!

I wrote: the Falcon market in The Netherlands

sorry for my mistake, but since in your post you were talking about NTSC conversions, etc, i got the impression that you were looking exclusively to the north american market.

Shipping rates in Europe are pretty decent, is a 26 country market, same voltage all the way and best of all...

No customs...

i would still think your best sale would be inside EEC... :)

for me it´s a "pity" that Falcons sell for 300GBP or more... wayyyy out of my reach (pocket).... i would love to get one one day, though...

As nearly all European countries have 230V AC mains and most also have PAL (mostly the B/G variant,, in the UK it's PAL I, but this only means you get no sound when you connect it to a TV using the RF connector), yes, a Falcon is interesting for international customers. Plus the TOS inside the Falcon is multilingual, so the hardest work for international customers will be replacing the keyboard with one from an STf/fm/e of his own country.

Ah, and btw, a Falcon with a 110V PSU will also work on any RGB or VGA monitor (a great one is the old NEC MultiSync 3D, this one will display SM124, VGA and RGB modes - you'll have to solder your own connector/switch box though) in the United States, but through RF it will only give a b/w picture without sound that even might roll on some TV sets.

Thorsten