IGNORED

Anyone see this Atlantis 2?

Phantom

I've removed and reapplied the label to Cosmic Ark. I've never tried such thing and I've left some minor marks. Should I really try the same with Atlantis 2 even if the weight is legit?

Let me know. Thanks.

hold off for now. Post some clear pics of the end which slots into the console. VGA, what wieght did your A2 cart have?

Wouldn't an EPROM cart (socketed or soldered) wheight more than a standard production cart?

Here's the test:

aaaao.jpg

You know that if I peel off the label, the "2" will fly away and the label WILL be bent?

Isn't the weight enough? Cosmic Ark is even fatter!

the #2 isnt real anyhow and my labels look fine after I have removed them.

Ok then. Let's make this an event. Tomorrow I'll set up my camera and take a video from the game running to the peeling to the screws and then the inside.

It will be a lot of fun (and I'm already nervous). I know the "2" is "fake", since it has been added later, but it's what makes me think it's real :D

Why should someone make a so perfect scam and let it sell for way less he spent to make it?

Here is 3:43 AM and I have to be at work at 9 AM. Better going to sleep. Keep me informed :)

And many thanks!

Nicola

Edited by Nicola

Ok then. Let's make this an event. Tomorrow I'll set up my camera and take a video from the game running to the peeling to the screws and then the inside.

It will be a lot of fun (and I'm already nervous). I know the "2" is "fake", since it has been added later, but it's what makes me think it's real :D

Why should someone make a so perfect scam and let it sell for way less he spent to make it?

Here is 3:43 AM and I have to be at work at 9 AM. Better going to sleep. Keep me informed :)

And many thanks!

Nicola

I;ll see if i can find my cart tonight and weigh it. This is going to be interesting!!

As for why someone would make it, people sometimes make replicas to have the game in their collection. you can make a cart like this for only a few dollars. down the track they sell it for whatever reason and it eventually finds its way into the hands of a collector who hopes its real

That board looks like it doesn't have any wear on the end at all. Any cart made back in the 80's, especially one that's associated with a popular game, will have the end of the board worn down and stained a bit from general use.

If the dude that put the "2" on there knew what the game was, there's a good chance he knew something about Atlantis II. He's got to have known a real cart is pretty valuable.

If the EEPROM were soldered directly a new board, perhaps there's a chance it could be lighter than a production cart, even with the inverter in there.

That board looks like it's never been used. Sorry, but I'm calling fake on this one. If it's real, I'll eat my hat now.

Nicola, don't bother opening it, I just weighed 7 different night label Atlantis carts and they all weigh 54g. It would be incredibly difficult to achieve that exact weight with an added inverter, even if one used a OTP EPROM (not made out of ceramic!). Besides, finding 2532 or 2732 OTP's is incredibly difficult. :cool:

Hmm, a challenge, can one make a fake with 54g's? :ponder: This will be tested this weekend. LOL :twisted:

Nicola, don't bother opening it, I just weighed 7 different night label Atlantis carts and they all weigh 54g. It would be incredibly difficult to achieve that exact weight with an added inverter, even if one used a OTP EPROM (not made out of ceramic!). Besides, finding 2532 or 2732 OTP's is incredibly difficult. :cool:

Hmm, a challenge, can one make a fake with 54g's? :ponder: This will be tested this weekend. LOL :twisted:

Now its getting interesting!!

Word. Color me wrong, then! :)

wait, that didn't come out right. It means, I stand corrected.

Edited by shadow460

Looks like you got a nice nab to me. Kind of surprising too since the game's title was in the listing quite clearly. My guess is you got a good opportunity with the current market and possibly some people didn't bid because they thought it was fake. Nice one.

Ok Nic, now you have to tell me what your high bid was. Not what you won it for because I could see that but say If I bid $65, would that have beat you out? Im curious how high you would have gone because I almost bid on this, decided it was probably fake and was still gonna toss in a lowball bid that if it was a repro, I wouldnt get burned too badly and I just totally forgot about the listing. Probably because my inclination was that it was a fake. I hope it is real for your sake but I still would like to know, how much I would had to of bid to of won this? How often does one get to ask that question anyhow? I usually wonder but now I must know if it turns out to be the real deal.

Goodluck with it and thanks for the pics. :)

...the label of the Cosmic Ark I've opened yesterday and put back on the cart...is now peeling off.

If there's a way to be sure it's real without opening it, I would prefere to do that.

As for the wear of the pcb, it has a standard wear from use. Maybe the flash flattened the image, but it has some wear.

dsc00100w.jpg

dsc00094p.jpg

dsc00098app.jpg

It was the only way to be sure it's real. I've made the video too from the game running to the inside.

So, may I be happy?

NB the two "2" stickers are still there. No damage has ben made to the label :D

Now I'm pushing the label strongly to be sure it stays there for LONG time!

Edited by Nicola

Congratulations, Nicola !!!

I would have never opened the cart .... but i really understand how you felt when sharing this and all the members bitching about its legitimacy.

This was one in a million and i still astonished about how that happened :D

Congrats again and congrats for the great blog :D

Edited by eskobar