IGNORED

Pranks, Jokes, and April Fools... Enough already!

I have seen sevral, as many of you have also, about 'gag' games anounced. Here are a few I have seen and would like to know if you guys have seen anymore. (no jokes at me please) I mean from the official sources. Like these:

www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore

http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/dnf2600.html

These are but a few and I get all the Ha Ha ness of it. But why for these companies get the real atari fans up in hopes just to be let down. The homerewers try to keep the games original or not, coming year after year through personal projects and programing competitions. But if any companies talk about actualy bringing back nostalgia through modern games geting a retro refit, they should actualy try it out and see what happens. I'm sure that Atari Age would be more than happy to sell the games for the official companies. And who knows, clothes, furniture, and even color decorum makes comebacks. Why not retro gaming for the modern day. If so popular gaming company actualy tried it with a popular modern title (we know the graphics would suck but come on, its Atari duh) The thing is in the replayability not how good it looks. (As is Atari) It's not like a low end version of a game would hurt sales of the high end console versions. What do you guys think?

And all it would take is 2 guys from the coding teams to do it who like the old things too and know how to do the assembly coding as a side project. With possible breif assistance by graphic artist and sound and composers who also appreciate the old school stuff for with out the old we wouldn't have the new.

Sorry, I meant for this to go in the Atari 2600 Programming section. my bad.

Edited by grafixbmp

• 2 weeks later...