IGNORED

Q: IDE to SD/MMC adapters compatible with MyIDE?

a8isa1

I recently came across this IDE to SD adapter (see below). I was curious if anyone has any experience with such devices a) in general and b) specifically with an internal MyIDE interface. Anyone? Comments?

A friend has already committed to giving it a try with MyIDE but I'm curious about any experiences people may have had.

Thanks.

- Steve Sheppard

I have used something close to that with no problems at all. The the price on the one your looking at is quite high IMHO.

I recently came across this IDE to SD adapter (see below). I was curious if anyone has any experience with such devices a) in general and b) specifically with an internal MyIDE interface. Anyone? Comments?

A friend has already committed to giving it a try with MyIDE but I'm curious about any experiences people may have had.

Thanks.

- Steve Sheppard

I have used something close to that with no problems at all. The the price on the one your looking at is quite high IMHO.

Interesting, I haven't found any cheapter but compared to the USB reader ($4.20 USD delivered) it is a bit expensive.

Still, $16 USD for this adapter and about $7 for a 2 GB SD card isn't terrible.

- Steve Sheppard

it seems they are both sd 1.0 as for the rest...?

$13.23 free shipping

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10889

$13.44 free shipping

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1698

paypal

Interesting, I haven't found any cheapter but compared to the USB reader ($4.20 USD delivered) it is a bit expensive.

Still, $16 USD for this adapter and about $7 for a 2 GB SD card isn't terrible.

- Steve Sheppard

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 3 weeks later...
Steve - I'll let you know if mine works when it comes in.

Stephen Anderson

Hello, Have you got this in yet, and if so does it work?

Just wondering if I should get one also.

I did get one in, but haven't got an SD card to test it with yet. However, Sijmen (authour of the MyIDE ROM) has posted over at the Atarimax forums. Several people have failed to get the device to work. Sijmen is looking into the cause for the incompatibility.

Stephen Anderson