IGNORED

PAL River Patrol?

Crazy Climber

I hate when people do not put something in the title saying what the topic is about. Then I end up starting a different topic about it since I don't read every topic ;)

Yeah, it´s a scandal! :twisted:

I didn't think this game was made in PAL format. The case almost looks like a light blue instead of white but I guess that could be dirt. Anyone know anything?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-TIGERVISION-RIVER...1QQcmdZViewItem

Although I only know of the PAL prototype, it wouldn't surprise me if it was released in PAL as well.

It was also announced by Carrere Video, btw:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...=PUB&ID=861

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

It was also announced by Carrere Video, btw:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...=PUB&ID=861

With different artwork too. Neat.

I never knew River Patrol wasn't released in PAL format. You said there's a prototype somewhere?

Tempest

In the Netherlands...... ;)

I hate when people do not put something in the title saying what the topic is about. Then I end up starting a different topic about it since I don't read every topic ;)

I just wanted to cause a rucus as usual. :D

....ruckus....? :D

Heh, the vault is empty (all in CA now). The PAL River Patrol proto is actually lying on a closet right behind me :)

Weird description there (PAL-M?) and why no picture of the PAL / Secam sticker? :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

Dunno why he wouldn't picture the sticker as it makes the cart pretty unique being the only one found with such a sticker but I do know that worn dead flesh on the cart is still giving me shivers.

I just asked the seller for a pic of the back of the cart and also asked him politely what the stuff on the cart plastic is be it dirt or marker or whatever as it would depend what it is for judging how easy it would be to restore it to collector condition (AKA clean).

Heh, the vault is empty (all in CA now). The PAL River Patrol proto is actually lying on a closet right behind me :)

Weird description there (PAL-M?) and why no picture of the PAL / Secam sticker? :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

Dunno why he wouldn't picture the sticker as it makes the cart pretty unique being the only one found with such a sticker but I do know that worn dead flesh on the cart is still giving me shivers.

It sounds like this dude doesn't really sell games and just thinks they (River Patrol) are all like this. The good news is he possibly has a very rare PAL cart, the bad news is he possibly has a very rare "PAL" cart :D

Cheers,

Marco

It sounds like this dude doesn't really sell games and just thinks they (River Patrol) are all like this. The good news is he possibly has a very rare PAL cart, the bad news is he possibly has a very rare "PAL" cart :D

:D Given PAL collectors are such tight arses, it would be interesting to see whether a "only one known to exist" PAL cart would sell for more than its rarish NTSC counterpart :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

:D Given PAL collectors are such tight arses, it would be interesting to see whether a "only one known to exist" PAL cart would sell for more than its rarish NTSC counterpart :ponder:

Yes it should. This cart should be worth twice that of the NTSC one, but I doubt it will sell for that. Plus it is missing the end label which nobody likes. $500 is out of my range, I would put a nice bid on it though if it started at a lower price. I wouldn't mind owning this one :)

Cheers,

Marco

Yes it should. This cart should be worth twice that of the NTSC one, but I doubt it will sell for that. Plus it is missing the end label which nobody likes. $500 is out of my range, I would put a nice bid on it though if it started at a lower price. I wouldn't mind owning this one :)

Its only "worth" whatever it can sell for. Given NTSC versions sell for around $400, I find it hard to believe this one will sell for $800. If it was the first NTSC version of a PAL game found, it would sell for thousands. PAL collectors just don't pay thousands.

Heck, without a photo of the back and evidence that it rolls on an NTSC television, how do we even know its PAL? :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

Its only "worth" whatever it can sell for. Given NTSC versions sell for around $400, I find it hard to believe this one will sell for $800. If it was the first NTSC version of a PAL game found, it would sell for thousands. PAL collectors just don't pay thousands.

Heck, without a photo of the back and evidence that it rolls on an NTSC television, how do we even know its PAL? :ponder:

Hey anyone can slap a PAL sticker on the back and say its PAL.. :twisted: