IGNORED

PAL River Patrol?

Crazy Climber

I have owned all the PAL Tigervision carts CIB (well unless River Patrol does exsist?) and it was the same for me, some had stickers, some didn't ;)

I just talked to a friend of mine and he also confirmed that about half his PAL tigervision carts have this sticker. Could have also been taken off the box and put on the cart cause some kid liked the shinny sticker.

Not one single bid. Wonder if he will relist it with a more reasonable starting price?

His best bet is just to list it at $100 or so and let a small bidding war start. That will give him the most bang for the buck.

A dirty PAL cart like that won't command high prices; it's not the same as a NTSC one in great shape. Marco already has a prototype so there is at least one more copy out there. The worst thing the seller has going for him is River Patrol is one of the worst games for the 2600. I tried playing it once an I almost had a seizure from the horrible colors.

In my experience they don't do too much to convert to these PAL carts. Maybe Tigervision did some more then other companies I don't know, but often there are like only two lines of code changed (the value loaded into the timer for Overscan and Vblank). Usually they don't care about the different speeds, colors, or music being too slow. I believe River Patrol is 3F bankswitching too, so you need a compatible 7800 to dump it if you go that route.

Well, it deserves to be dumped.

And (if truly PAL) it's the first labeled and released PAL River Patrol known to exist.

I think it's quite special.

The cart needs some cleaning, though.

It looks like it has been dragged behind a truck.

8)

In all seriousness, you should try to buy it ROM. If you buy it, I'll dump it for you.

Incidentally, the best way to clean that cart is of course with Mr. Cleans’ Magic Eraser. The white case and white (coral? foam?) of Mr. Clean work well together. I think I even recommended this treatment once to Stab. He had problems though because the Home Vision cart he was using had turned yellow from aging just like SNES consoles. The dirt however peeled away. I know I have turned a Polaris cart that looked much worse then this cart into virtually new condition with the Magic Eraser. The key is not to get it anywhere near the labels and just spend a little time.

The bad thing about this cart is it still has no end label. :(

Otherwise I don't know what to say about this cart. River Raid I & II did it so much better. The same could be said about Polaris (Tigervision's own). Cobra Triangle for the NES will always be a thousand times better then this game.

If anyone wants to dump this cart then I offer my services. I believe I can dump this as I have dumped a Miner 2049er (PAL, 3F bankswitching) cart before. If you don't like the international thing (which I completely understand) then no worries as there should be others that can help, but I don't wnat to appoint people without knowing if (1) they can and (2) the want to. I have added this title to a list I got going of undumped games. This list still needs a lot of work because a lot of games are still missing. If anyone can help with dumping some of these titles though, then please do!! :)

If anyone wants to dump this cart then I offer my services. I believe I can dump this as I have dumped a Miner 2049er (PAL, 3F bankswitching) cart before. If you don't like the international thing (which I completely understand) then no worries as there should be others that can help, but I don't wnat to appoint people without knowing if (1) they can and (2) the want to. I have added this title to a list I got going of undumped games. This list still needs a lot of work because a lot of games are still missing. If anyone can help with dumping some of these titles though, then please do!! :)

The cart has been relisted at the same price ;) As for your list, I have a few of those which I'll dump for you when i get the chance. None of the really rare ones apart from the Atari 16-1

• 4 months later...