IGNORED

How many Atari Joysticks do u have ?

israelg

I've got 4 CX-40's, one wico ball, one wico bat, one wico command control or boss (the grey and black one with a white button on top), two European 7800 joypads, and two strange and slighty vulgar looking Kraft joysticks with suction cups on the bottom. Plus, I sometimes break out a Sega Genesis pad and use that, especially when my young cousins come to visit, as they like using the pads better than the classic joysticks.

And for now, I still have two Flashback 2 controllers, but they may be gone soon.

Edited by littleman jack

gallery_17553_267_80049.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have at least one more yellow-buttoned Gemstick.

The Odyssey 2 controllers have been re-wired to be 2600 compatible. The NES pad is 7800 compatible. I also have 3 Genesis pads that I use on my Atari's.

The Gemstick, a CX-40, the Wico Boss, and a set of paddles are my original controllers from the 80's.

Wow !!!

Thanks! :)

I pulled out my XEGS yesterday to test a new game and realized that I forgot to list my beige XEGS CX-40.

I have boxes overflowing with various controllers. I really need to sort through them all, decide what I'm keeping and get the number down to a manageable two dozen, give or take.

One thing I can't decide is whether to part with all my third party sticks. I never use them. I'm CX-40/10 man, exclusively. But I worry that maybe one of the third party sticks is particularly suited to something, and when I find out what that is, I'll be upset that I don't have it anymore.

But I worry that maybe one of the third party sticks is particularly suited to something, and when I find out what that is, I'll be upset that I don't have it anymore.

There aren't that many things I can think of where a different one would really matter. One thing that does come to mind is that if you like to play Q*Bert, something with a smaller/rounder-edged base (like a Slik Stik or TAC-2) might be preferable.

I have boxes overflowing with various controllers. I really need to sort through them all, decide what I'm keeping and get the number down to a manageable two dozen, give or take.

One thing I can't decide is whether to part with all my third party sticks. I never use them. I'm CX-40/10 man, exclusively. But I worry that maybe one of the third party sticks is particularly suited to something, and when I find out what that is, I'll be upset that I don't have it anymore.

As I stated above, I call my pointmaster the "Mountain King" controller.

Peace

I have a boxed Paddle set and 2 loose TAC2s. In my opinion, those are the ONLY joysticks you'll ever need. Anyone else ever use those babies?

I hated the cx40's back in the day... I played the Atari enough that the plastic contacts in the cx40 would break... bleh...

TAC-2 & Slick Sticks are the best and most durable sticks I've used... I've yet to break one of those.

I have 4 TAC-2, 2 Slik Sticks, 1 Radica SI stick which is awesome too, 7800 controllers, pads, 2 track balls, ST Mouse, A couple of CX40's I never ever use, 2 sets of paddles, a pair of keypads, a star raiders pad, foot controlles, Driving Controller and lord knows what else that I can't remember right now...

But I worry that maybe one of the third party sticks is particularly suited to something, and when I find out what that is, I'll be upset that I don't have it anymore.

There aren't that many things I can think of where a different one would really matter. One thing that does come to mind is that if you like to play Q*Bert, something with a smaller/rounder-edged base (like a Slik Stik or TAC-2) might be preferable.

As I stated above, I call my pointmaster the "Mountain King" controller.

Peace

I guess I could, and probably should, just keep one of each third party stick.

Edited by Christophero Sly

somewhere in the 80 or so range, I have been collecting them over the years as we run the pc recycle program for several counties here in Ohio.

A few tiny Amiga joysticks, epyx xj500;s, various Wico boss, bat etc. paddles,trackballs. the Space age Atari joystick,the gummi(grey) Wico thats like the epyx xj500,Kraft stick,Diskwasher Brand,commodore joystick,commodore paddles,Suncom. probably several other brands I would have to look.

We once did a closeout in the late 80's of over 500 new in box Atari trackballs, sold most of them to guys converting them to trackball for Amiga/ST

50c each was the cost. I couldnt resist :cool:

Edited by atarian63