IGNORED

Have you ever ticked off an eBay seller....?

tisaperfectdayelise

...I think I did. He wanted almost $40 for a gremlins cart, stating that it was a steal, super rare, etc.....I offered him $20 (which I think is generous for that title), and sent him a link to digitpress, which listed the max for a loose cart at $20....he wasn't pleased with me......

:|

I usually dont try it when buying, it goes nowhere.

As a seller I can't blame people for asking, it's human nature.

Edited by atarian63

...I think I did. He wanted almost $40 for a gremlins cart, stating that it was a steal, super rare, etc.....I offered him $20 (which I think is generous for that title), and sent him a link to digitpress, which listed the max for a loose cart at $20....he wasn't pleased with me......

I usually dont try it when buy, it goes nowhere.

Your personal photo and your avatar are sick and should be forbidden here, acarian63! :|

Did he have a "Best Offer" option on the auction, or did you send him an unsolicited "offer" for a side deal?

If it was the later, then whatever he said to you, you deserved.

Edited by Christophero Sly

Did he have a "Best Offer" option on the auction, or did you send him an unsolicited "offer" for a side deal?

Hahaha, heavens yes it was a "Make an Offer" Auction. I would never insult someone like that! He replied by telling me that he would have accepted my offer, but won't, because I made him feel stupid...or something...

This was my offer (using eBay's "Make an Offer" button):

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=24077 Check this site for proper rarity and pricing info...I'd have a hard time paying almost $40 for one without the manual and box

His reply:

was going to accept but don't like being told im stupid. I use 3 rarity sites and digital press is value is determined by average loose or boxed

I was probably out of line....I was just wondering if anyone else ever gets into that kind of 'trouble'....I hate the feeling of ticking people off, especially if they are in the classic gaming community...

Your personal photo and your avatar are sick and should be forbidden here, acarian63! :|

Shit I missed it. I always miss the good stuff. :sad:

Shit I missed it. I always miss the good stuff. :sad:

Yeah, what was it?

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=24077 Check this site for proper rarity and pricing info...I'd have a hard time paying almost $40 for one without the manual and box

His reply:

was going to accept but don't like being told im stupid. I use 3 rarity sites and digital press is value is determined by average loose or boxed

I was probably out of line....I was just wondering if anyone else ever gets into that kind of 'trouble'....I hate the feeling of ticking people off, especially if they are in the classic gaming community...

Your offer text seems reasonable to me and is certainly not rude or calling the seller stupid.. Seller needs to take a chill pill.

..Al

Hahaha, heavens yes it was a "Make an Offer" Auction. I would never insult someone like that! He replied by telling me that he would have accepted my offer, but won't, because I made him feel stupid...or something...

His reply:

I don't see anything wrong with your offer then. If the seller found that offer insulting, then he needs to grow some thicker skin. You hardly called him stupid. I wouldn't let it worry you.

I don't consider DP's prices to be entirely accurate, however. But, yeah, $40 for a loose Gremlins is too much.

I once asked a seller if he could give me an honest rating (1 to 10) of the condition of the box for his CIB sega Nomad. That was seriously all I asked. This was the exact question...

Hello, I am interested in your CIB SEGA Nomad, in your honest opinion what would you rate the condition of the box (1 to 10)

He sent me a message saying I was a prick for calling him dis honest and he didn't need to explain himself to me, etc...It was actually quite the rant. If only I would have saved it. He then told me I was blocked from bidding on his stuff. This story is not exagerated one bit, I couldn't believe it!

I once asked a seller if he could give me an honest rating (1 to 10) of the condition of the box for his CIB sega Nomad. That was seriously all I asked. This was the exact question...

Hello, I am interested in your CIB SEGA Nomad, in your honest opinion what would you rate the condition of the box (1 to 10)

He sent me a message saying I was a prick for calling him dis honest and he didn't need to explain himself to me, etc...It was actually quite the rant. If only I would have saved it. He then told me I was blocked from bidding on his stuff. This story is not exagerated one bit, I couldn't believe it!

I am 100% not surprised. People are crazy. Period. I am so happy to have found this group, because I won't have to rely on eBay for much of anything,at least as far as gaming stuff is concerned.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yep!

This happened to me once. A fellow wanted $35 BIN for a loose Water Ski for the 7800. I sent him the info from Digitpress and he basically told me to get lost. The cart didn't sell. He relisted it, and I placed a bid. I won the cart for $17 after shipping, and it sits with the rest of my 7800 games today.

"I believe in karma. What you give is what you get returned" --Savage Garden

And yes, in this case, they were right! :D

Edited by shadow460

This happened to me once. A fellow wanted $35 BIN for a loose Water Ski for the 7800. I sent him the info from Digitpress and he basically told me to get lost. The cart didn't sell. He relisted it, and I placed a bid. I won the cart for $17 after shipping, and it sits with the rest of my 7800 games today.

At least he didn't add you to his blocked bidders list. :)

..Al

Hey Albert...What's a Chill Pill...that's a new one on me (must try one sometime)

CrazyClimber...If the peep selling the boxed Sega Nomad wanted more then 90 pound...is been a bit greedy, I saw one years ago well preserved (outside it's box and brand new) for 100 pounds in a retro gaming shop in the west end (didn't buy it as i wasn't into megadrives or potted versions of megadrives)

Hey Albert...What's a Chill Pill...that's a new one on me (must try one sometime)

It basically means, "Relax, man.." :) As in, "You're taking things far too seriously!"

..Al

... and i thought you're selling prozak in the AA store :D

Prozac?!?!!! ;)