IGNORED

Any VCD,MPEG experts out there? Specifically for DC?

Gunstar

I got a VCD setup for my DC a couple months ago, along with a Star Trek box set. For the most part, I'm quite happy with everything, but my first VCD disc for 'The Wrath of Kahn' won't play on my DC. It WILL play on my windows media player when I select the mpeg file off of the disc. I noticed that this particular disc has three files instead of the usual one file as on my other vcd's. The extra two files are very short intro sequences like the "feature Presentation" clip shown after pre-views on most movies. Anyway, I made a cdr copy of the disk only copying the needed VCD files and the ONE main movie file. I renamed the file to seq01.dat from it's original seq03.dat, following the intro clips. This cdr will also play the mpeg file properly on the PC's media player, but will still not work on my DC. Any ideas of what I should do? I have a feeling that although the file is labeled as a seqxx.dat file, that it may not be and is another mpeg type file that the media player can accept, but not my Dreamovie player on the DC. So what I want to do is take this file and make sure it is encoded properly for vcd playback. I also tried using TMPGenc program to re-encode the file, but it says that the file is in an unrecognizable format and will not mount the file to allow proper encoding. Any ideas of how I can get this movie file properly encoded when it's already SUPPOSED to be in an mpeg file format, namely; seqxx.dat for mpeg-1 vcd? :?