IGNORED

I've never seen this before (2600 Arcade Machine)

Bryan

I think the seller could get $100 for this and someone could use it in a restoration project, but $700 is way too much (particularly untested and no returns allowed).

Yep, would be a fun restoration project built around those pieces, but with it being sold untested and "as is", $700 is far too much of a risk.

..Al

Cool, I never knew nor do I remember there were Atari kiosks. I have one for the Master System. It seems all of these demos, the SMS model, M82 and others have gone up in price over the years. $700 is pretty wishful thinking, in my opinion. I always wonder why sellers do that. Just put a reserve or start it off lower. If it goes that high, good for you, if not it tells you how much it's generally worth to people. I understand the fear in losing an item like this for next to nothing, but $700?

How did these work anyway? It looks quite long and obviously something sat in the middle there. I assume there were two televisions on either side? Definitely would be a cool set up, but I always hate when sellers say they have no way of testing it. I don't know these things or anything, but an M82 or SMS kiosk just hooks right up to a TV. Unless he doesn't have a TV or this used something else I'd be wary of bidding.

Also interesting that there's a cartridge port on it. Could a store owner override the programmed games with something to showcase or was their an option for an extra game? Looks like one of those games is an EPROM, too. It would be cool if it was an earlier version of whatever it is, perhaps with minor differences. Did these things have a timer on them too?

I think the seller could get $100 for this and someone could use it in a restoration project, but $700 is way too much (particularly untested and no returns allowed).

Yep, would be a fun restoration project built around those pieces, but with it being sold untested and "as is", $700 is far too much of a risk.

..Al

agreed, that thing looks more like "broken"

Wow, that's a great piece of equipment right there. That would make for a nice video game room. Have many of these popped up in nearly complete condition? Seeing all that, I doubt I'd pay more than $100 for what he's showing there. You could make a nice project out of it, but for $700 no way.