IGNORED

Which system/games had the coolest packaging?

Lee9977

I think most of them had really cool packaging. But if I had to choose one, it would be Odyssey 2. Each different box is colorful and distinct, yet there is uniformity between them all. There is nothing sexier in the gaming realm than a big set of boxed Odyssey 2 stuff.

#2 might be Sears Video Arcade titles. I love, love, love Sears artwork. Super Video Arcade though...meh, it's okay.

On the flip side, if we were talking about the worst game packaging, I'd have to say -and it pains me, considering how awesome the system actually is- Bally Astrocade. The weird boxes open like normal Odyssey/Intellivision gatefolds, except the back opens, not the front. There is no manual, only the sheet that serves as the box artwork. Also, there is no game title on the sides of the box. Indeed, a curious packaging design for a system that was so ahead of the curve in every other aspect.

There was something about those glossy black boxes with the glowing (pre)tron-like art (and ESPECIALLY the deluxe series games (all of em, not just rings,) that gives the US o2 my vote. There is also something I've always liked about the vectrex's boxes, so that gets my second vote. I agree on Imagic, but that's not a system :)