IGNORED

Help me decide on my next console

davepesc

See that's odd.. online with my 360 was literally, nearly impossible. Updates ect. were speedy, but Call of Duty, Soul Calibur 4, ect were so bad it was laughable. I mean, I couldn't move around. SC4 was literally a slide show. I replaced the wifi adaptor twice, and still no luck.

I don't doubt you, troubleshooting a home network and getting everything to work perfectly isn't always easy. Believe me though, if the wireless adapter was as bad as you say, (slide show? pings in the red?) it would get absolutely slammed by lot and lots of people in their reviews. The fact that you had the exact same issue after replacing the adapter indicated that either 100's of consumers lied in their reviews or the issue was something else.

I have the wireless adapter for my 360 and it works great. I have no lag in games, I stream videos and music from my Linux desktop, and I stream Netflix movies. I connect to a Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT firmware. If the adapter is not working well I would suspect your wireless strength/stability before suspecting the adapter. It does it's job perfectly. I have a Linksys Wireless-to-Ethernet adapter (labeled a gaming adapter) and it is a piece of garbage. If you want to see what garbage is like try one of those.