IGNORED

Dreamcast games $9.99 at Circuit City

Brian R.

Stopped in a Circuit City yesterday and it looks like they've priced all their remaining Dreamcast titles at $9.99. It had been a while since I stopped in, and the last time I was there the prices still ranged a bit, but now they're all at $9.99.

Didn't buy any then, but I'm gonna stop back and probably pick up NFL 2K1 and Rayman. I have Virtua Tennis and Bass Fishing, and would probably like the sequels, but I don't have a football game and only Sonic as a platformer, so figure I'll go with a couple games that will add some more variety to my collection.

Get 'em while ya can, DC lovers!

None of the Circuit Cities in my area ever carried Dreamcast games :sad: If anyone runs into any of these games, could you get them for me?

18 Wheeler

4x4 Evolution

Aerowings 2: Airstrike

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Ducati World Racing Challenge

Evolution 2: Far Off Promises

F1 World Grand Prix

Giga Wing

Gundam: Side Story 0079

King Of Fighters Dream Match 99

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX

Monaco Grand Prix

NBA 2K2

Outtrigger

Project Justice

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Striker Pro 2000

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

None of the Circuit Cities in my area ever carried Dreamcast games  :sad: If anyone runs into any of these games, could you get them for me?

18 Wheeler

4x4 Evolution

Aerowings 2: Airstrike

Ducati World Racing Challenge

Evolution 2: Far Off Promises

F1 World Grand Prix

Giga Wing

Gundam: Side Story 0079

King Of Fighters Dream Match 99

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX

Monaco Grand Prix

NBA 2K2

Outtrigger

Project Justice

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Striker Pro 2000

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

ill be stopping by the circut city here this week, il llet you know if they have anyhting youre looking for at that price :D

It is true!  All their DC games are $10.  I picked up NHL 2K2, Demolition Racer, Ecco, Alien Frontline, and Mat Hoffman Pro BMX today.  I don't think you can beat $10 for new DC games unless their those ultra common sports titles.

Tempest

Lucky you, we down here :D get to pick from the same sports titles at every location

It is true!  All their DC games are $10.  I picked up NHL 2K2, Demolition Racer, Ecco, Alien Frontline, and Mat Hoffman Pro BMX today.  I don't think you can beat $10 for new DC games unless their those ultra common sports titles.

Tempest

cool, I'll try to check it out in Tampa, FL today, NHL2K2 for $10 would be sweet.

Glad to hear someone else has found them at that price. I was starting to worry it wasn't a chain-wide price change.

I went in expecting to just get two, but walked out with three - Rayman 2, NFL2K1 and Starlancer. Rayman looks and seems to play as well as I've heard. The others I'm gonna have to glance through the manual so I know what I'm doing, but at first glance they all look impressive. I'm happy I got Starlancer because it's the first space-type game I'll have for my DC.

None of the Circuit Cities in my area ever carried Dreamcast games  :sad: If anyone runs into any of these games, could you get them for me?

Giga Wing

They had this on the clearance rack at the local Toys 'R Us for $10 new. Let me know if you want me to pick this up for you, private msg.

Which reminds me, hey folks, at least some Toys 'R Us are putting DC games on the clearance rack, starting now.

Eric

Giga Wing

They had this on the clearance rack at the local Toys 'R Us for $10 new. Let me know if you want me to pick this up for you, private msg.

Which reminds me, hey folks, at least some Toys 'R Us are putting DC games on the clearance rack, starting now.

Eric

yeah the toys r us stores around ehre still carry the remaining DC games, but Unreal is still 45.00! :o same goes for the other games such as Quake and NHL 2K2(got that cheaper at best buy)

but they do have a bunch of vmu's for 9.99 and other not so popular games at 9.99.

I looted my local Circuit City today:

NCAA College Football 2K2

NBA 2K2

World Series Baseball 2K2

Slave Zero

Sould Reaver

Unreal Tournament

Illbleed

Quake III Arena

Sydney 2000

Phantasy Star On-line ver. 1

Outrigger

Eighteen Wheeler American Pro Trucker

Maken X

Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights

D2

Charge N Blast

Speed Devils: Online Racing

Nightmare Creatures II

I don't know if any of these are particularly rare, but I figured for $10 a piece what the heck. I left a few though because I wasn't sure if they were worth it: Blue Stinger, World Series Baseball 2K1, Daytona Racing, etc.

Tempest

I don't know if any of these are particularly rare, but I figured for $10 a piece what the heck.  I left a few though because I wasn't sure if they were worth it: Blue Stinger, World Series Baseball 2K1, Daytona Racing, etc.

Tempest

You made the right call on Blue Stinger and WSB2k1, bad games. Daytona USA is a fun arcade racer, not at all realistic so if you like that kind of racer then it might be worth it. Sega has a good history with the Daytona games in the arcade, saturn and DC so I like having it.

$9.99 seems a bit steep to me, you can pick up most new Dreamcast games for 4.99 GBP or less in the UK!

Could you guys keep an eye out for me for the following US only titles:

Sega Smash Pack

Sega Swirl

Sega Sports Jam

Typing of The Dead

Who Wants to Slap A Millioniare

If any of you see any of these games then I'd really be interested in them. Thanks. Oh, or a Black Sega Sports Edition console!

Well 5 GBP is almost $8 so it's really not that much more. Also remember that most DC stuff was liquidated long ago, so there isn't much left. Circuit City is one of the last places to get rid of their DC stuff.

I don't think Sega Swil was released as a stand alone game, it's only on the Sega Smash Pack. Also it's "Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionare", not slap (just in case your searching ebay and can't find it).

Tempest

Oh right. Sega Swirl is on the US Dreamcast release list Albert sent me. It was released here, but only as a give away with ODM.

Also remember that most DC stuff was liquidated long ago, so there isn't much left. Circuit City is one of the last places to get rid of their DC stuff.

Most of the stuff here which is in between 4.99-1.99 can be pretty crappy, but you often pick up the odd bargain, like Shenmue II or Charge 'N' Blast. Dreamcast prices are rock bottom here.

From the pre-Thanksgiving sale last year all the way up to right now, my local Best Buy in Omaha was clearing out DC titles like gangbusters. The only one I missed out on was Mortal Kombat Trilogy; otherwise I picked up at least 25 titles for anywhere from $2-$10 each. One week they had a special "50% off all Dreamcast games" sale so all the remaining $20 titles (NFL 2K2, et cetera) were suddenly budget games. Unfortunately they didn't have Sonic Adventure 2, which I would have happily paid the 50% off price for (it normally retails for $40 anywhere I've seen a copy).

I checked out CC and all their games were indeed $9.99. I didnt see anything I really wanted tho. How is Illbleed??? Is that game worth $9.99???

Anyways, After I left CC I went to BlockBusters and picked up Warriors or Might and Magic for $6.99. While uninspired, it's definately worth that.

I haven't played Illbleed yet, but the concept is sure out there a bit. It looked at least interesting, though if I remember the reviews correctly, some people liked it, some didn't.

BTW, I could use some games too, since my CC is dry. Let me know if you see:

18 Wheeler

4x4 Evolution

Airforce Delta

Bust-A-Move 4 [might not need]

Cannon Spike

Capcom Vs SNK

Marvel Vs Capcom

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Confidential Mission

Dead Or Alive

Fatal Fury