IGNORED

Interest Check: New Lynx power supplies

the.golden.ax

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in around 10 to 20+ Lynx USA A/C power adapters. These would not be original name brand units. Instead they would have original Atari cords, with and original Sega transformer and case. All parts would be brand new and unused. The price would be in the $15 range plus actual postage. I have made these before with used parts. I just found a wholesale source that has both parts in quantity brand new. Since there is a lack of A/C adapters I thought it may help the community.

Thanks,

AX

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in around 10 to 20+ Lynx USA A/C power adapters. These would not be original name brand units. Instead they would have original Atari cords, with and original Sega transformer and case. All parts would be brand new and unused. The price would be in the $15 range plus actual postage. I have made these before with used parts. I just found a wholesale source that has both parts in quantity brand new. Since there is a lack of A/C adapters I thought it may help the community.

Thanks,

AX

I should probably buy a spare, I'll take one

You can use every cheap universal-psu with 9V and 500mA.

You only need the DC-plug Atari uses.

Plug costs 0,50 Eurocent and the PSU about 5Euros.

why producing more expensive ones.

Regards

Matthias

Original is 9V 1A

1 Amp is not neccassary, the Lynx need about 300mA with some reverve 500mA is enough.

I Use an 500mA PSU and it works fine.

Dont know why Atari uses a 1A PSU - there is no technical reason to do that.

Regards

Matthias

Nevermind; I see B&C's still selling them for $13 new ($8 used).

Yes. I was surprised by this news as well. Before I listed this idea, they were nowhere. I personally spent weeks trying to track one down. Now I come up with a solution, and they have them listed. A quick email confirmed that they do have lots of them in stock. Personally I think that the cord could be better. I've personally had two break where it attaches to the system. Using the D/C and Battery box cords with a Sega adapter does make for a better overall power supply, and I do reccomend that you do this if you have the spare parts. Since they aren't exactly as rare as I thought (myatari.com) I'd say get an original or two for the same price as one of these.

Ax

Nevermind; I see B&C's still selling them for $13 new ($8 used).

Yes. I was surprised by this news as well. Before I listed this idea, they were nowhere. I personally spent weeks trying to track one down. Now I come up with a solution, and they have them listed. A quick email confirmed that they do have lots of them in stock. Personally I think that the cord could be better. I've personally had two break where it attaches to the system. Using the D/C and Battery box cords with a Sega adapter does make for a better overall power supply, and I do reccomend that you do this if you have the spare parts. Since they aren't exactly as rare as I thought (myatari.com) I'd say get an original or two for the same price as one of these.

Ax

Good advice!

Thanks for double-checking on that. :)