IGNORED

Tales of a new X360 owner and component user

Cafeman

For the record, Forza 2 can be had for a song these days. They came as a console pack in for awhile and you can find the double disked (Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance) version for under $10 used. AWESOME deal!!! Both games are top notch and MUA has 4 player co-op through the entire game both online and off!! Good times.

Kameo is so worth $10. I finished that game and I wouldn't mind playing it again.

:)

that game pissed me off!

What kinda game saves your game at a game boss and doesn't let you exit

back to the main world! I'm trapped at a boss i can't beat or leave and power

myself up and then retry! :x :x :x

-rick

LOL

Which one is it? Yeah it can be hard but in the end its a pretty cool game for 10 bucks.

I only paid about $10 for it last June.... I also picked up Tomb Raider: Legend the same day.

I got much better mileage from Laura's quest! :D

ohhh back to the Kameo boss battle thingy....

Not sure of it's name.... I haven't played it in a while.... but i do remember the boss being in a large round room.

I think he was in water.... and i had to shoot off his four tenticiles....

now i remember what the other thing about Kameo that pissed me off,

NO LOCK ON TARGETING!!!!

-rick

ohhh back to the Kameo boss battle thingy....

Not sure of it's name.... I haven't played it in a while.... but i do remember the boss being in a large round room.

I think he was in water.... and i had to shoot off his four tenticiles....

now i remember what the other thing about Kameo that pissed me off,

NO LOCK ON TARGETING!!!!

-rick

Ah yes. Probably the most difficult boss. Its been so long but didnt you have to wait until he lobbed a bomb at you, then before the bomb exploded you had to hit it at the boss stunning him and then quick like dive under water and shoot out the tentacles? I recall that one being a bitch for me as well. Took me a few (half dozen?) times to get past it.

My Thoughts for Cafeman.

Test Drive Unlimited ---- first 360 game I got... Great game! Lots to do and see.... Not much variety in the island graphics...

but still a solid game...

Burnout Paradise ----Tons to do and see! great off and online. my current favorite racer on 360!

Burnout Revenge ---Great for it's time... The graphics hold up... but once you play paradise it's hard to go back

to one race track at a time game play.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted ---pretty much the same as revenge... IMHO the best NfS game on 360.

Dirt --- did you like the Colin mcrae games on the ps1,ps2 or xbox? Then you'll love this!

Forza 2 -- do you like the Gran Turismo games on the playstation? then you'll love this!

You really can't go wrong with any of the games listed above!

-rick

Concerning the SD/HD switch on the plug -- as I said above, I'm using an SD TV component hookup, with the HD on the plug set. I have noticed some of the text in games is a bit hard to read -- its so tiny and finely displayed that the limitations of my Toshiba 27" are evident. But still readable. I wonder if I should set the plug to SD using component cables - since I have an SD TV, would it be better, or worse? I'll try it later tonight just to compare. I think the system reboots when you switch it, unfortunately.

I wanted to correct this because I was wrong -- I am using component cables to a SD TV and the cable is set at "SD" , not "HD". I don't think my TV worked with the "HD" setting because it isn't a progressive scan TV. It's a cheapie $300 Toshiba 27" w/flatscreen. So I assume I am running at 480i.

And it still looks fantastic using the component cables! I can only imagine what it'd look like at 480p or 780p etc.

wow, 1080P ... I can't imagine what that looks like.

Question: is it ever a *bad* idea to go for a 1080p TV, compared to a 720p for example? Like, what about DVD's? Do they start looking bad at those super-high resolutions? Or if I plug in my Sega Genesis or even Playstation 2 ... do they have any issues with 1080p that they don't have at a lower but still good HD resolution? *

* 40 inch , no way. When I upgrade I'm prolly going 46". Good price on that samsung tho! :)

wow, 1080P ... I can't imagine what that looks like.

Question: is it ever a *bad* idea to go for a 1080p TV, compared to a 720p for example? Like, what about DVD's? Do they start looking bad at those super-high resolutions? Or if I plug in my Sega Genesis or even Playstation 2 ... do they have any issues with 1080p that they don't have at a lower but still good HD resolution? *

* 40 inch , no way. When I upgrade I'm prolly going 46". Good price on that samsung tho! :)

My DVDs look fine. Playing through a 360 or an HD DVD player up converts them though so I umagine that helps them look better.

I have a 40" though. I heard it's when you get above 42" you start being able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Below 42" they look about the same to me. I haven't played any classic consoles on 40" TV. They worked fine on my smaller ones.