IGNORED

Atari 520/1040 internal hard drive solutions?

oky2000

Hey, I remember a while ago I had missed an auction where the seller claimed it had an internal hard drive.

I notice that ICD do peripherals for the Mega STE and I remember that ICD also did an internal IDE 2.5" drive kit to fit inside the Amiga A500/A1000. Did ICD also make this kit for the 520ST and if so does it mater what machine it is for ie 520STM/STFM/STE?

Ta for any help on this :)

Hey, I remember a while ago I had missed an auction where the seller claimed it had an internal hard drive.

I notice that ICD do peripherals for the Mega STE and I remember that ICD also did an internal IDE 2.5" drive kit to fit inside the Amiga A500/A1000. Did ICD also make this kit for the 520ST and if so does it mater what machine it is for ie 520STM/STFM/STE?

Ta for any help on this :)

No, ICD did not produce an internal hard disk drive kit for the ST, but those were produced for IDE drives e.g. by Mario Becroft (New Zealand) and Hard&Soft Herberg (Germany). They required you to remove the CPU, plug the PCB into the empty CPU socket, and solder some additional wires, and they also came with ROMs that upgraded the ST/E to TOS 2.06, since this was the only TOS version for the ST/E line of computers that was able to boot from the drive.

The only remaining task for the buyer was to find a place for the IDE drive inside the case.

Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten Günther