IGNORED

Best way to remove all the paint from LYNX I

the.golden.ax

With the advent of the plastics dye, I was wondering what the best way to strip a lynx down to silver/unpainted would be without roughing up the plastic. Could it soak in something? That paint comes off pretty easily but not 100%.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to come up with a method, and offer Lynx color change as a service.

AX

Maybe Aceton

Demi Moores son? err.. I mean husband? :D

No... No... that's Ashton... you meant nail polish remover... yeah, that sounds like it could work. I'll try that on a broken door I have and see if it will work.

AX

Oh sorry, that was the German word for this paint remover.

Dont checked the english word for it

Regards

Matthias

Lacquer thinner might do it, but I wouldn't soak the plastic in the stuff.

Is it actually chrome plated plastic under the paint? I remember looking inside my dead Lynx and seeing "chrome" on unpainted surfaces.

If I still have the dead one, I'll test out the lacquer thinner theory.

A longer exposure to alcohol might do it.

I've seen how model airplane fuel can take paint off, though I'm not sure what the total makeup of that stuff is.

Soda blasting?

The best removal stuff comes in a spray can. It was just called Spray cleaner and it has a warning on it that tells you that it is acid (ph 11).

I once tried to clean the grease from my kitchen scale and a single spray and wipe removed all the grease and also all the paint from the kitchen scale leaving me just plain shiny metal. I also lost all markings from the scale that made it completely useless :(

This stuff is used for cleaning equipment before shipping it to customers. It created some kind of foam that eats into paint like crazy. It does not hurt plastic in any way. The plastic is clean and shiny after the treatment.

--

Karri

• 3 weeks later...