IGNORED

Favorite Mario game?

King Atari

Nothing has held my attention, and kept me entranced like "Super Mario 2 - Yoshi's Island"... still love and enjoy the others - but for straightforward fun, it's "Yoshi" for me.

I'd put Super Mario 64 at 2

I've got Super Mario Sunshine - but it hasn't "grown" on me yet... Maybe it's cause of those papers I've gotta grade, and the lesson plans I've gotta make - giving me not much time anyway - or maybe *gasp* I'm getting old?

Ah well...

Oh, BTW, King "THERE'S BRAZILIAN SOCCER TEAMS EVERYWHERE!"

I'm the freak in the bunch, Super Mario Bros 2 was my favorite back in the day. I liked the original smb but after beating it, I wasn't as interested in playing it again. SMB2 and that freaky Doki Doki Panic theme has always caught my eye. Super Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 are my runner-ups.

This is definately a tough one, all of the Mario games are great in my opinion. My fave would probably Super Mario 3. I was totally floored by the graphics in this game. I was also excited about playing a true sequel to the original Super Mario.

I'm also a big fan of Donkey Kong. I had an uncle that had several arcade games in his home and I was lucky enough to get to put in plenty of time on this classic without having to empty my piggybank.

I could go on forever about how big of a Mario fanboy I am but I think I will stop here.

Wow, am I really the first person to say that I like Super Mario World (SNES) the best? I thought it was amazing, and totally beat all the previous games... SMB2 comes in second.

Personally, I don't think Mario 64 is all that great. It's fun and all, but somehow it's missing something...

--Zero

i think Mario 3 was (and still is) the BEST game EVER made!! i remember playing that game when it first came out at a friends house and the next day i went and bought a NES and mario 3! years later i was still playing it!! :)

a close 2nd is Resident Evil 1 or 2

and the version for the gamecube is the BEST ever!! got it over 2 months ago still playing it like crazy! :)

Take Care, time to kill some more zombies!

Rick

Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES fulfilled the true meaning of "sequel": It rendered the two titles that came before it utterly obsolete.

3 was never topped, in my opinion. It remains the greatest platform game ever written. It's still the only NES cartridge I own -- it's the only decent game on that whole platform.

The secrets were truly what catapulted SMB 3 into its esteemed position for most people, I'd imagine.

CF

Maybe I shouldn't have worded it like that, I did say favorites, I suppose if it was someone's favorite they'd list it.

Anyways, I've recently discovered how great SMB2 really is. I guess I kinda looked down on it for years because of how different it was, but playing it again, it really is a great game. And it sure beats the REAL SMB2 (which I just can't get into, don't know why).