IGNORED

Who can take my dumps?

zeitshabba

No, seriously. A few years back I acquired development carts of Maze Craze and Dodge Em (which actually shows Head On as the game name) and just won an auction with several US Games protos. Now that I have a few worth notice, I'm hoping that someone from this community can pull the code from the ROMS. I'm not nearly capable of doing it myself, and I'd like to ensure if I have something of interest that it is shared with the community who deserves it.

I hail from Boston, but will be traveling to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in late March for a short visit. Obviously, if there is anyone within a couple hours of Boston I can make anytime work. I apologize, but I will not mail these to get them dumped. I'm too freaked to transport them in any manner except in person.

Feel free to message me if you prefer to not identify yourself.

Thank you in advance, and enjoy your day.

What are we talking about here? 2600, 8-bit computer, or 5200?

If it's computer, then copying is easy.

As for you publicising these - probably no real worries so far as legalities go, so long as you don't go trying to profit from them, but you're probably looking at devalution so far as exclusivity of your proto goes.

What are we talking about here? 2600, 8-bit computer, or 5200?

If it's computer, then copying is easy.

As for you publicising these - probably no real worries so far as legalities go, so long as you don't go trying to profit from them, but you're probably looking at devalution so far as exclusivity of your proto goes.

Oops. Sorry 'bout that.. I forgot this is the general Atari forum, and I'm a 2600-only guy. I have a Mario Bros 5200 Lab Loaner, but all my protos (2 Atari, and soon 4 US Games & 1 20th Century Fox game) are 2600s.

As for exclusivity, I'm not concerned... the value is in the cart, not the program.

Any pictures of these carts?

There certainly are.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask. I'm most delighted that the serial numbers on the two Data Age games are #039 and #139. What are the odds they'd both end with 39?

I'm not trying to sell any of these, either, but a solid offer is hard to ignore.

Oh wow! I always knew Dodge Em was a Head On clone, but I didn't know they were actually planning on releasing it under the Head On name (sort of like Seawolf II became Submarine Commander). Neat! Please get these dumped, so we can see if they're any different than the final versions (that Gravitar date looks earlier than the one I had).

I'm in Michigan, so unless you want to ship them out to me I can't really help.

Tempest

• 4 weeks later...

Wow did this topic slide into a cesspool of stinky metaphors.

Would anyone be willing to lend a ROM dumper? I was sent the directions on how to do it myself, but I have neither the time nor the expertise to make it work within any reasonable time.

Thanks in advance.

Wow did this topic slide into a cesspool of stinky metaphors.

Would anyone be willing to lend a ROM dumper? I was sent the directions on how to do it myself, but I have neither the time nor the expertise to make it work within any reasonable time.

Thanks in advance.

I have a great stand alone dumping unit I could send, but it can only dump one game at a time, so It would be uneconomical to send it back and forth 10 times. Let me know if you cant find anyone though.