IGNORED

xbox360achievements.org: Very unprofessional

iswitt

:x :x

So I'm sure some of you here know what www.xbox360achievements.org is. It's just a community devoted to achievements (obviously). I like that site quite a bit, but I believe they are unporfessional and overstepped their boundaries.

I was in a forum, clicked on a link, and began reading a topic. All the people responding left replies such as "this thread already exists..." or "Please read before posting a useless thread." This happens on many sites, but I feel that the replies are not necessary. If it really is a useless thread, the admins will take care of it. But wait - THEY NEVER DO!. At least not on that site. So I made the following post in that thread:

"I love how people find it so necessary to shout about when the thread about (insert topic) already exists. It's not like the higher ups are going to do anything about it. Nothing ever happens."

I would agree looking back that this was immature and posted in my annoyance at the time. It's not a big deal, I just got a wild hair. So, when I checked my private messages on that site today, this is what I had:

Dear isw42,

You have received an infraction at Xbox360Achievements.org.

Reason: Flaming

-------

Here, have an infraction for being an utter douchebag.

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/s...964#post1647964

I love how people find it so necessary to shout about when the thread about (insert topic) already exists. It's not like the higher ups are going to do anything about it. Nothing ever happens.

All the best,

Xbox360Achievements.org

Must I stess the line that states, "Here, have an infraction for being an utter douchebag."? Did they really need to insult me, much less hit me with an infraction? How about sending infractions to all the people posting saying how pointless the thread was?

If someone is a jerk at my job, I don't call them names. I politely tell them the rules of the place and what they did wrong. If I was an ass hole I would get fired. I don't understand why Creech found it necessary to sink, in my opinion, to a lower level than that of my post.