IGNORED

Animal Crossing??

MacGurl

Has anyone gotten this game? I heard it was to be released Monday 9/16 and saw several messages on another board where people were saying they had bought it. I went or called to every store here in town that sells GC games and none of them had gotten it in yet. Several said the release date wasn't until the 19th.

Has anyone bought this game?

yeah, once I finish Final Fantasy IX, I'm gonna be buying that! It looks brilliant. It also works with the new e-card reader, in that you can buy cards with new stuff for your little people and swipe 'em into the game:)

I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing.

I've heard the only way to open up certain areas and/or things - (and to make the game a whole lot more fun) is to swap memory cards with your friends on a regular basis. Therefore, I propose this....

One of us (could be me - don't care) - buys a memory card once we've got enough of a "City" going - and sends it off to another AA member - who'll download that stuff, and their own as well - and ship it off to another AA member - and so on - just making the rounds with a memory card. I think it'd be kinda fun - I'd definately like to see what happens when town members "cross-polinate" - and I don't think any of my friends with Game Cubes around here are getting the game. Just a thought....

I don't know too many people with a GC, much less ones that are getting Animal Crossing.

uh uh.. I have a Gamecube. And although I don't plan on getting Animal Crossing anytime real soon (heck I haven't even bought Mario Sunshine yet) I'm thinking we'll hear a lot more about it in the year or so to come.. :roll: On that note though, maybe I should get it sooner :)

I adore this game! I've been playing for about a week, and look forward to many happy years of it (how else can I get all the harvest/spooky/jingle furniture!?)

We've started an AC trading topic at DP, feel free to join in or maybe start one here?

How to trade? Say Macgurl wants a Pineapple bed and hasn't been able to track one down. I have a pineapple bed in my catalog at Nook's because I had previously owned it. I can order it, pick it up in the mail, then take it to Nook's and tell him you want to swap.

You HAVE to have the characters name and town (case sensitive!) before it will spit out a code, so I suggest maybe starting a topic where everyone puts their name and town in?

If you're just starting and don't want to wait until you can buy the axe, shovel, net or fishing pole let me know your info and I'll get one to you :)

We also have Balloon Fight and Donkey Kong Jr Math (they were our random NES game presents on the AC memory card) and can reorder those for whoever wants to trade. I have a big list of what I have to trade at DP, I'll wait and see if a new topic is started before I post it, it's huge!

So go get Animal Crossing, it's soooo fun!

My AC Name:Heather

My AC Town:Mintpony

I adore this game!  I've been playing for about a week, and look forward to many happy years of it (how else can I get all the harvest/spooky/jingle furniture!?)

We've started an AC trading topic at DP, feel free to join in or maybe start one here?

How to trade?  Say Macgurl wants a Pineapple bed and hasn't been able to track one down.  I have a pineapple bed in my catalog at Nook's because I had previously owned it.  I can order it, pick it up in the mail, then take it to Nook's and tell him you want to swap.  

You HAVE to have the characters name and town (case sensitive!) before it will spit out a code, so I suggest maybe starting a topic where everyone puts their name and town in?

If you're just starting and don't want to wait until you can buy the axe, shovel, net or fishing pole let me know your info and I'll get one to you :)

We also have Balloon Fight and Donkey Kong Jr Math (they were our random NES game presents on the AC memory card) and can reorder those for whoever wants to trade.  I have a big list of what I have to trade at DP, I'll wait and see if a new topic is started before I post it, it's huge!

So go get Animal Crossing, it's soooo fun!

My AC Name:Heather

My AC Town:Mintpony

I got the game last night (finally). The only things I have in my house are stuff other people have given me when I've made deliveries. I don't even have a bed yet! Any tips from anyone?

Do new people move into my little neighborhood or do I need to create new people to live around me (in the other 3 tiny houses)?

From what I've read on the game (which has been quite a bit the last few days!), a new person will move into your town each day. I guess we'll see how that goes. I have yet to play the game myself, but rest assured I'll dig into it as soon as I get home!

New people move in as you go. You can have other people live in your town (those other 3 houses) but Brian and I both just put our towns on different memory cards. That way we get twice the townspeople and items and we don't have to share ;) It also comes in handy when I need lots of money and it's raining in his town but not mint (more fish appear when it's raining), or when one Nook's is closed for remodeling, etc.

Of course, if you do that you'll have townspeople move back and forth. He took my frog (my favorite) and I took his horse (his favorite) by accident.

Another hint- about letter writing, make sure you always start with their name and end with yours. They also like it if you mention key words that they've been talking about or add their favorite phrase. For example, Brian had a horse named Buck who always ended things with "pardner". He wrote him this letter

Buck,

You're the greatest horse in the land!

your pardner,

Lex

That horse shows me that letter every other time I talk to him. He thinks it's perfection :roll:

Of course you can also use letters to be bad. I had this really mean cat Olivia and I hated her. So I wrote her this letter

Dear Olivia,

You are a snob. Here is an old boot.

Sincerely,

Heather

The next day she was gone, hooray!

Well if you need any more help or tips let me know! I can also send you a bed or whatever other furniture you need if you give me your character name and town name.

Both of the strategy guides are good, Prima's for the fish/bug index, and Nintendo's for the pictures of all the furniture/clothes, etc.

I guess this could become the perpetual AC thread. Anyway, I just started a town myself. I haven't done much or received much, so my house is pretty bare so far. I did, however, get a cool looking rocket that's too big to fit anywhere in my house! Oh well, maybe I can donate it to the museum...

Name: Sauron

Town: Mordor

Macgurl, I have a classic bed for you but Nook's won't be open until tomorrow. :)

Scott- what kind of fruit do you already have? I think I've cultivated all of them- peaches, pears, apples, cherries, and oranges. Pears are my native fruit and thus easier to send because I have more of them. But if you can wait a few days I have almost everything else too. Limit 2 free fruits, getting that code from Nook is a bit of a pain and the whole point to that part of the game is trading :) But I don't have a problem giving everyone a little something

I saw this game at a friend's house tonight and it does look pretty cool. Actually, it looks very addictive, so I'm not sure I'm brave enough to actually pick it up. Especially since I've played very little Mario Sunshine and Monkey Ball 2. :) The one thing that I wasn't crazy about was having to type letters using the controller. Being able to use a real keyboard with the GameCube would be a big plus.

I also got to see it linked up to a Gameboy Advance. You can download a program to the new E-Reader and then swipe cards for Animal Crossing that give you items in the game. Pretty neat!

..Al

@Chocobo-Thanks for the bed! I'll probably be bugging you for tips. Can you plant fruit trees? I got a shovel and dug a hole, but it never gave me an option to plant.

@Albert-Having a keyboard would be way handy. It sucks writing letters using the controller!

I went to Sauron's neighborhood and stole all his fruit. Since my town has no oranges, I got $500 a pop for 'em. hehehe

Okay, finally! A bed for Macgurl!

ZuddgMJIZbf7b&

bGyMjToVaPNg9Z

oh, and you can plant fruit trees! After you dig a hole, don't move! press the button for inventory, select the fruit and you should have the option "bury".

A helpful hint that I didn't do and Brian did- start an orchard of non-native fruit near Nook's so that #1 you don't have to go far to sell them, and #2 you won't get people moving in the middle of your trees. I had a nice little orange grove going until Buck the horse decided to live smack in the middle.

Yay! Ok, so how do I get the bed??!! Sorry, I'm a dork.

I was able to plant some trees finally. You can make some mad cash selling the native fruit to another town. I took some oranges from another town and planted several orange trees by Nooks Cranny. Any idea how long it takes these things to grow?

To get the bed, go to Tom Nook's store, talk to him and say "other things" then pick "say code" and enter the password. He should give you a bed!

As for the trees, it takes 3 days to grow fully, 4th day to bear fruit I think. You should join Animal Crossers at DP, we've got a special group just for us AC Junkies :)