IGNORED

Xbox360 ring of death solved

rpgfaker

Jeez, this small video is being plastered everywhere... at least the forums I go to.

Looks like all they're doing is either adding internal fans to the cpu/gpu (finally), or they are getting higher temp solder to hold up to the heat the 360 puts out.

Either way this is good news.

I cracked open my 360 and found out exactly where I can stick two 40mm fans, one for the cpu, one for the gpu, to keep them running cooler than ever, so I'm sure they did the same finally.

I'm a freak... I bought a PS2 to play PSone, and a PS3, to play PS2... I dunno... I've always been a step behind, like I enjoy it or something... excuse me while I go play some Gamecube on my Wii, and then some 2600 on my 7800 :D Bye

AX

That's fine, because those actually work (for the most part). :D

The same can't be said about the 360 with xbox 1 games... no matter how freaky anyone is :P Get a cheap $50 used xbox 1 for that. It works 100% ;)

I'm a freak... I bought a PS2 to play PSone, and a PS3, to play PS2... I dunno... I've always been a step behind, like I enjoy it or something... excuse me while I go play some Gamecube on my Wii, and then some 2600 on my 7800 :D Bye

AX

The same can't be said about the 360 with xbox 1 games... no matter how freaky anyone is :P Get a cheap $50 used xbox 1 for that. It works 100% ;)

I have about 20 xbox 1's with bad lasers, and a big box of new lasers... I hadn't been motivated enough for the past year to actually get out the stupid two torx drivers and fix some of them. It's a fairly simple repair, done a few before, it isn't new and exciting. Too busy, collecting, playing, and wasting my life on Atari Age :D

AX

I have about 20 xbox 1's with bad lasers, and a big box of new lasers...

Wow.. you beat even me. I got about 11 xboxes and thought I was nuts :lol: Although what's really nuts is all 20 of yours have bad lasers. That just bad luck or what? :P

Edited by NE146

AX

I have about 20 xbox 1's with bad lasers, and a big box of new lasers... I hadn't been motivated enough for the past year to actually get out the stupid two torx drivers and fix some of them. It's a fairly simple repair, done a few before, it isn't new and exciting. Too busy, collecting, playing, and wasting my life on Atari Age :D

AX

bro,you need to fix 'em,soft mod 'em,and sell 'em.no need for a chip,soft mod is super easy and cheap to do,and you pretty much have all the benefits of mod chipped xbox. :)

My "to play" queue of 360 games is high enough, who has time for the original games?

Can I have all your Xbox1 games? I'll even pay shipping.

Sure, Paypal me $100 for shipping and all 10 of them can be yours.

My "to play" queue of 360 games is high enough, who has time for the original games?

Can I have all your Xbox1 games? I'll even pay shipping.

Sure, Paypal me $100 for shipping and all 10 of them can be yours.

LOL. 10 is all you have? I'd have thought you of all people would have several hundred!

LOL. 10 is all you have? I'd have thought you of all people would have several hundred!

I was more of a PS2 fan when the last round of consoles came out and towards the end of the generation a Gamecube fan.

I did play my share of Xbox games as well, but I only have 10 actual disks and one them I just bought about a week ago, Intellivision Lives! which I have yet to play.

Dude, Intellivision Lives kicks @$$. And I think I played it on the 360 (or did I really have my X-box hooked up that recently?) You gotta take it for a spin

On topic, My X-box was purchased a week before Halo3 came out, and I have had no problems with it at all (knock on wood) though our store has a high enough turnover rate, and the new smaller chip had just come out, so maybe I got lucky, or maybe I just have better luck with systems (never had problems with my launch X-box, though people apparently had, and my PS2 fat ran fine, till it got stolen four years later)

I was disappointed with Intellivision Lives, assigning keypad functions to the right analog stick rather than to the controller's face buttons (A Xbox controller has plenty of buttons for most Intellivision titles besides a handful) makes any games that required keypad use in-game to be unplayable.

Plays games great that didn't need the keypad once you were playing though, its a great way to play Triple Action's Biplanes for example. I've bought it three times now (Xbox, later the GC release so I could bring it to friends places where they have Wii's, and the Xbox Originals release for some unknown reason). So I guess I must like it a good bit despite its flaws.

Edited by Atariboy

I was disappointed with Intellivision Lives, assigning keypad functions to the right analog stick rather than to the controller's face buttons (A Xbox controller has plenty of buttons for most Intellivision titles besides a handful) makes any games that required keypad use in-game to be unplayable.

Plays games great that didn't need the keypad once you were playing though, its a great way to play Triple Action's Biplanes for example. I've bought it three times now (Xbox, later the GC release so I could bring it to friends places where they have Wii's, and the Xbox Originals release for some unknown reason). So I guess I must like it a good bit despite its flaws.

Heh, I actually liked that it used the stick, granted, some games were more difficlut because of it. They should have made the face buttons programmable, but eh...

Hey, Atariboy, I think though am not sure, that there were Intellivision pad you could buy for the X-box, but that wouldn't really help now I don't guess.

Dude, Intellivision Lives kicks @$$. And I think I played it on the 360 (or did I really have my X-box hooked up that recently?) You gotta take it for a spin

It sounded like it did. Years ago i sold off almost all my video game equipment to buy my house.

Most of them I've bought back since then, but for some reason I never re-bought an Intellivision.

I saw the Xbox original on Live for $15 and it sounded great so I checked eBay and found a copy of the game for $8.00 shipped!

I made sure it was BC and when I found out it was, I snagged it! I wish it had some of the 3rd party games from Imagic on it, but heck I think it has like 60 games so I'll have plenty to play.

As far as the new consoles being more reliable, I plan on selling off my old unit and picking up the RE5 Limited Edition 360 which has been confirmed to be an Elite Jasper supposedly the model that addresses the RRoD once and for all. It's a Bday present to myself.