IGNORED

"Bad" Turbo button...help?

nonner242

I just got a Lynx last week.

Everything worked fine...the first few hours I played it, altho the screen seemed darker than I remember them to be...almost impossible for me to make out alot, but I got it for my GF and she didnt seem to care too much.

Well its sat since then untill today. I decided to pop in a quick play of Xybots...and the game just skipped thro the menu and my character just started shooting away...non stop.

All the other buttons seem fine. Its just seems like the A button is in Rapid Fire mode in all games. It not a spring or the button is pushed/stuck down because it seems to pop back up when pushed.

Anyone have this problem before? Is it a easy fix?

Thanks

Not really sure. Perhaps you can grab a defective unit and just swap out the membrane (for the controls) and perhaps that button as well.

It could be about a $10 fix. Or just take it apart and use a can of Dust Off and sprey the area of concern.

I've had issues with buttons not working all that well by screwing in the screws too tight. Also... by adding stuff to the lynx that is not supposed to be in there and then if presses on the membrane too much causing it to not work all that well.

Just open it up and check it out.

As for screen darkness... not sure what to tell you. You can swap out the screen with a different one from another Lynx. (hell... I think I have one just laying around here). Check the brightness knobs as well. I've got a few Lynx systems cheap from stores because they thought it was broke and did not check the brightness knob.