IGNORED

2600 / Coleco Kid Vid Berenstain Bears Manual & Cable

doubledown

In a recent lot of Coleco related stuff I got, I found a near-mint manual for The Berenstain Bears - Talking Video Game for the Kid Vid Voice Module made for use with the Atari 2600 or Coleco Gemini. The manual is near perfect as there are no folded pages, nor torn or bent corners, and no writing or water damage anywhere on the manual. The only thing that I would say that makes it near-mint rather than mint are a couple of little 1/8" - 1/4" long wrinkles near the spine caused from someone opening/reading the manual once or twice. You can see one of them in the picture. Focus on the center of the unicycle tire, then look from that y-axis position to the left edge/spine, and then up about 3/8". Realistically they're not noticable unless you're really staring at them, but I wanted to mention them. And the manual is not yellowed, as it appears in the picture. I didn't use the flash on my camera to avoid the flash reflection showing up on the picture. That is what caused the yellowing effect.

kidvidberenstainbears.jpg

In the same lot I also got a Kid Vid Voice Module connection cable. This is the cable that plugs into the right controller port of the console (DB-9 connector) and then into the ports on the cassette player/recorder. I have no way to actually test the cable on legitimate hardware, but I did use a multi-meter to ring out the contacts, and all 4 contacts on the recorder side do ring through into the controller connector. So I would venture to say that its good.

kidvidcable.jpg

Close up of Coleco logo on the connector:

kidvidcableconnector.jpg

I don't collect for the Atari and I have no use for these so they're up for sale either individually or for the pair. I'll take offers for a couple of days via PM if anybody's interested. I have no idea what these are worth so don't PM and ask what I'm looking to get for them, send me an actual dollar figure for your offer. I take PayPal, money order, and checks.

• 11 years later...