IGNORED

Sega Genesis ........they are always in thrift stores...

I do not know if this is a South Florida isolated event but for the last 3 years the thrifts in the South Florida area are simply loaded with Sega genesis units, controllers, supplies, every possible Madden, every possible Joe Montona etc. etc.

I never find Atari 2600.

In second place would be Nintendo carts......

is this a South Florida phenomena?

I have purchased (out of sheer boredom) about 8 Sega genesis consoles in the last 3 years..

Guess what I saw today? At Village Discount Outlet(a thrift store), a bare cart, Sonic 2 for Genesis, for $6.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, who the hell priced that one? But yet I saw a NES there for $5. So they think a Genesis game is worth more than a NES system????? I probably should have picked up the nes, but I didn't. But I still can't believe they would think sonic 2 is worth 6 dollars and 50 freakin' cents!!!!

i grew up in florida (daytona) and around christmas last year i was able to find a good deal of atari junk in the thrifts there. the trick seems to be going to the little church run ones, florida is a hotbed of wacky churches btw. here in the boston area i find next to nothing most of the time and when i do find stuff its more or less like that great pie chart. always be sure to poke around the CD shelf for turbo games and remember it never hurts to ask the staff if they have any games.

KEN

if you were only a tad bit more East (philly) you'd find just about all the SNES you want. aton of sega but a plethera of SNES also.

its not that a specifcally want one, just wondering why its like that here :?

ive seen O2 atari 2600 nes genesis sega cd 32x tg 16 neogeo ( :P ) pc and sega saturn games at thirft stores.`

Found a dozen boxed Odyssey 2 games in Green Bay, WI this past month, 99 cents each. They are the only ones I have for that system, and the only ones I have ever found in the wild. Also got a heavy Sunnyvale model with about 30 carts (included a Miner 2049er) for around 30 bucks.

As the norm where I am, Genesis is very common, NES is common, SNES is starting to appear, Atari is a hit or miss. Have even been lucky enough to find 30 boxed 2600 carts right before Christmas last year. Ho ho ho to me me me!!!! :)

I have never found the following:

Any pre-85 system carts other than Atari 2600 and 5200

Any Tigervision carts other than Miner (might have been regional distribution?)

Any super-rares. Honestly, I would not sell it, I would flip out to find an Eli's ladder at a Value-Thrift or something. I would give the store a hundred bucks just for having it (even though it would probably be marked 2.50, just like the Combat cart next to it!!!)

Cassidy

You want o laugh? I have seen more O2 games in the wild than Atari 2600.

Alien Invaders, UFO, KC Munchkin, one of the sports titles (bought them all).

Today I went WAY out of the way to hit a goodwill I have never hit before. Although I did pick up 7 NES titles I did not own (all common) and a NES console (dead..rats!). There was the obligatory, NHL94, NHL 95 Madden etc. etc. It's not that there always Sega games (hey I collect Sega as well), it's that it is the same games over and over.

Does anyone know how Goodwill operates? Do they have centralized Distribution Centers that parcel out stock to the other Goodwills? Is it all just local stuff that is donated that end up in the local shops?

Just so you know, I am in posession of 5 working NES consoles, NONE MISSING THE DOOR. If you'd like to arrange a trade, I'd be more than happy to help you out. Got a spare Atari? BTW, by console I mean just the base unit. I only have one AC adaptor and one RF switch, and I need those for my primary NES.

On Goodwill: My brother worked at one for part of his community service... Each store distributes the donations given to them. Items are rarely sent to other stores, and a district manager sets the prices on many items. Still, shop around, and if it's close to the end of the month, hide the good stuff. The last Friday of every month is 50% off ALL merchandise. That's this coming Friday, BTW.