IGNORED

PCB s for 8-bit ATARI

lotharek

The OS jumpers, from my understanding of the docs, should be toggled to ground to select one of four OSes:

Both high = OS #0;

One high = OS #1;

The other high = OS #3; and

Both grounded = OS #4.

A pair of small switches should do the trick - but I'd recommend against changing settings with power on...

Thanks! :) I'd completely misinterpreted the docs. It would be nice to have one or two of the jumpers linked to switches on the back of the case (same with SIO2IDE, so USB mode could be selected without taking the top off the Atari). I've been wondering what would be the best switches to fit.

new board is ready. 1 MB ver 2

changes:

- double sided

- size reduced

- smd elements

- easier soldering

- much easier to fit in 800 xl - manual will be ready in few day

also, divIDE board available - please, mail me if You are interested !

post-7336-1243497752_thumb.jpg

Is this the board you sent me... or not? Or have you sent anything yet? I haven't received anything.

changes:

- double sided

- size reduced

- smd elements

- easier soldering

Is this the board you sent me... or not? Or have you sent anything yet? I haven't received anything.

I send parcels regulary twice a week almost immedietaly after customer`s paypal payment ic confirmed.

Drop me a message with Your paypal account details in order to find out what could go wrong :-)

Edited by lotharek

changes:

- double sided

- size reduced

- smd elements

- easier soldering

Will this work in a 600XL?

That's a nice machine!

Stephen Anderson

Both have found new owners

BTW: Why were postal charges calculated by EBAY for domestic delivery in situation when winner is from UK and I am from POLAND ??

in that situation EbAY owns me 15 pounds...I hope i get it back....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New board is coming - 1 Mb simm expansion for ATARI 800 XL ( with or without freddy) and 65 xe without expansion slot. It should work with XEGS too - it is place between PIA chip and Atari board ( or just on top of PIA)

Soon board will be available at my online shop. Price - hopefully the same as 130 XE kit. Time - approx. 2 weeks form today.

post-7336-125131131584_thumb.jpg

Edited by lotharek

• 1 month later...

New board is coming - 1 Mb simm expansion for ATARI 800 XL ( with or without freddy) and 65 xe without expansion slot. It should work with XEGS too - it is place between PIA chip and Atari board ( or just on top of PIA)

Soon board will be available at my online shop. Price - hopefully the same as 130 XE kit. Time - approx. 2 weeks form today.

Is the 800XL 1MB board available yet?

Yes and no ;-)

3 boards have minor mistake.

now i`m waiting for corrected ones

also, will be available with smimm adaptor with simm socket for 5minutes soldering

This sounds interesting. I'll be ordering a couple once they're available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am determined to get this 1MB upgrade fitted to my 800XL. I've socketed the 6520 and the SIMM expansion board is ready for wiring up:

post-21964-126176105474_thumb.jpg

Presumably this is a pre-production sample but I can't get in touch with Lotharek for fitting instructions. I'm working from a combintation of these instructions and the PDF Lotharek provided with the XE upgrade kit. However, Google's translation of the Polish text on the web page is imperfect at best. I assume I have to perform the RAS/CAS signal timing modifcation, but I'm having trouble deducing exactly how from the instructions. Anyone have clear instructions in English for at least this part of the mod? I think I might be able to deduce the rest of the wiring to the MMU/CPU/SIMM, etc.