IGNORED

New Joysticks Here

Thought I'd post this here to give fellow HSC competitors the news first before posting on the main forum ;)

I have been keeping an eye out for new Atari compatible joysticks and this Amiga :twisted: seller has some in stock! Competition Pros at about £21.00 each including postage etc. I ordered two on Sunday night and they arrived this morning (Tues). They plugged into my 130XE (just fitted [edit: might need to shave a bit of plastic off the outside of the plugs with a file, XE has especially tight casing around the ports]) and seem ok doing a quick test, looks like they are especially good for getting into those diagonals! I haven't tried them in anger yet but am sure Nibbler will do the trick. http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalo...products_id=610 The two big buttons work on the A8, not the two smaller ones I asume they're for the C64 etc.

Wow it must be nearly 20 years since I've had a new joystick :) Shame no-ones re-making my favourite trusty Quickshot :ponder:

Edited by therealbountybob

Well I've had ONE go on Nibbler and just beaten my highest ever level (by 1) sorry folks!!! In comparison to the Quickshot the Competition Pro is not so hot on the really wiggly screens like level 11 but seems much better on the stop/start type screens... overall verdict - I am pleased with my investment :)

[Edit] After a bit more use would say that you need your free hand to hold down the base as no suckers just pads and the stick is fairly stiff so if you dont have it held down firmly the stick tips before the microswitch is activated... probably best held on the lap.

Edited by therealbountybob

• 3 months later...
It looks very interesting, is Competition Pro Joystick better than CX-40?

Maybe there is another one much better ?

Regards,

Devwebcl

The question might be can you still get hold of any others?! For the record I've reverted back to my semi-repaired Quickshots for now :)

You can still get quite a lot of different sticks from Best, I love the gold spec cx-40s, I also like the sticks that came with the Flashback 2, the TAC-2 (if only the fire button on mie was not so worn out)

Best of all is my home buit Radica Space Invaders converted stick.

The compy pros are nice, but you need to get a good few hundred hours of play on them to loosen them up.

• 1 month later...

You can still get quite a lot of different sticks from Best, I love the gold spec cx-40s, I also like the sticks that came with the Flashback 2, the TAC-2 (if only the fire button on mie was not so worn out)

Best of all is my home buit Radica Space Invaders converted stick.

The compy pros are nice, but you need to get a good few hundred hours of play on them to loosen them up.

I Know this is an older thread but, has anyone tried these yet?

CX-40 Evolved Joystick

They are Awesome!!!!