IGNORED

I found......

Raijin Z

A Colecovision Adam memory...something. It's a big box with a tape drive, a bay for another drive, some end connectors, and a keyboard port. What the hell is this, and should I pay $3 to buy it? There's no obvious cart slot, and it has a built-in printer. At least it has a ribbon. Bleah, I barely remember.

Addendum: After some research, it appears to be a complete Adam, and a separate printer. No peripheral devices or games though.

Commodore 1492 printer, I think....

I ended up buying the Packard Bell Legend 300SX (386 PC) for the grand total of $5. Better than the IBM PS2 model 70 I started CGing art with, that's for damn sure.

Well, if I'm out Pennsylvania way with a wad of bills in my hand sometime soon, I'll grab it. Otherwise, it's back to the QUEST FOR THE SEGA MASTER SYSTEM ON EBAY. God, I've lost five of them to fuckheads with unlimited funds. I don't have $40 to spend on an 8 bit system, no matter how much I need one to play the games I have. >_

Ugh, I have a Coleco Adam Expansion Module and it's in a huge box taking up far too much space in my garage. I don't know if the box for the "non-expansion module" version is any larger, but this one is about the size of a city block (yes, I have a large garage). I'm getting sick of moving it, and I'm not really an Adam collector although it would be cool to get all the tapes that were released. But realistically, I'll probably never hook this up, given the other 500 different game systems vying for my undying devotion.

I wonder what they sell for on eBay. Shipping would be a bitch, given the size and weight of the box. You'd have to ship it in an even *larger* box, probably requiring freight helicopters to move.

..Al

I owned an Adam stand alone, and it was slightly bigger than the expansion module unit, but that was because the complete colecovision was built into it. I personally loved the thing, but, yes, it was a huuuggggeee thing regardless. The one thing I do miss (besideds the great games) was the awesome keyboard. It just felt good.

Ugh, I have a Coleco Adam Expansion Module and it's in a huge box taking up far too much space in my garage.  I don't know if the box for the "non-expansion module" version is any larger, but this one is about the size of a city block

Yes, the Adam also had a remarkably huge box... I've seen them at the thrifts from time to time, and I could probably climb into the damn box.

If you have no ColecoVision, the Adam can play CV games without any problems... there IS a cartridge port on it somewhere. But if you have a CV already, then save up for that SMS ;)

A friend's dad actually still uses an Adam to do his word processing... in fact, he even has a backup Adam in case it dies on him (Sounds like an engineer to me). Whether he's aware that it's the 21st century is a question that remains to be answered.

--Zero