IGNORED

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

cimerians

I knew it would be remade for the PS3. After I spent money on the initial 360 release.

More info here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/famitsu-...igma-2-for-ps3/

This and the first game are one of my all time favorite games. I learned fast that these games are not for everyone.

But if your a fan it looks like Ninja Gaiden 2 will eventually land on the PS3 per above link.

:D

Actually, Ninja Gaiden 2 isn't nearly as hard as the first one. You don't really need an easy mode because you gain life a lot more often. The game is set up so that your max life bar depletes slowly the worse you are at the game. It makes it easier for the rest of us and still provides a challenge for the experts. I'm about halfway through the XBox 360 version, and I suck at the game :)

Actually, Ninja Gaiden 2 isn't nearly as hard as the first one. You don't really need an easy mode because you gain life a lot more often. The game is set up so that your max life bar depletes slowly the worse you are at the game. It makes it easier for the rest of us and still provides a challenge for the experts. I'm about halfway through the XBox 360 version, and I suck at the game :)

Yeah I played through the easy mode first on the original which taught me enough to be able to beat it on normal.

Its nice what they did with the second.

Hell yeah....

http://www.n4g.com/News-299247.aspx

GameSpot: "Beyond new playable characters, Sigma 2 will feature an all-new online co-op mode that lets you and a friend team up to work your way through more than 30 challenge stages, which can be played in one of four difficulty settings. Your performance will be ranked and uploaded to leaderboards so you can see how you stack up against the world. The stages will be a mix of original areas and those seen in the single-player game, which are being redone for co-op play. Finally, the game will see a good amount of work put into refining the gameplay experience. The game's camera is being tweaked based on user feedback. You will also get additional cues on where to go next from your playable character because your character's head will look off in the direction you're supposed to go in. You'll also find a variety of additional tweaks peppered throughout the gameplay to help make Sigma 2 a smoother, sleeker evolution of its 360 counterpart.

Sigma 2 is making use of an enhanced version of the graphics engine used for the original game. The game is aiming to surpass the visual quality of the last game by blending new tech into the original engine. The results so far are impressive and bode well for the game's final release."

• 2 years later...

I just finished Nina Gaiden Sigma 2. Since I had a lot of fun with it, I'm now wondering if I should try getting a copy of the first one as well now.

Two questions:

Is it going to disappoint me after seeing the sequel first?

Is it much harder?

It will disappoint you a bit but the story is much better. The second game is much more action packed and has a more "epic" feel to it. (I now hate that word) but the 1st game is still pretty great. My favorite is the original Ninja Gaiden Black for the Xbox. The Ps3 remake is fine but its missing something. A few cutscenes were changed or removed and then some extra stuff throw in which kind of derails the flow of the story\action. Hard to explain but if you get it you wont be totally disappointed, in fact some people like the first game better. Again, the original Xbox version to me is the best but you cant go wrong getting the PS3 version and its pretty cheap now.

The 1st game is harder but not by much (what most people seem to think). I actually felt the second game was harder because it has a LOT more boss fights. The first game is more minor bosses and events with occasional big boss fights.

My favorite game is the original Ninja Gaiden Black followed by the the PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (even if the blood was toned down). I would have picked the 360 version with the more blood but I found the game was just too buggy.

#1 Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)

#2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)

#3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

#4 Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) buggy

btw: Glad to hear some Gaiden fans here at Atari Age. I'm a huge fan of this series, I have statues at home of Ryu etc and I can be considered a Ninja Gaiden fanboy. :P

Itakagi the man behind the games is gone. Hopefully Ninja Gaiden 3 will live up to the 1st two. The head guy working on part 3 was a combat engineer on the 1st two games so there's a lot of hope it will be good.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14350230.html

Really good article on the next game and the past games:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1177003p1.html

Edited by cimerians

It will disappoint you a bit but the story is much better.

Thank you very much, I'm already sold :D

I thought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was e.g. better then all DMC games for example, but nothing comes close to Onimusha 3 so far, which offered gameplay *and* storytelling in perfection ;)

The story of Sigma 2 was basically irrelevant japanese nonsense, pretty much like Muramasa on the Wii :lolblue:

I thought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was e.g. better then all DMC games for example, but nothing comes close to Onimusha 3 so far, which offered gameplay *and* storytelling in perfection ;)

Well the storyline in part 1 isnt that much better (compared to Oni3) but you will notice the difference. :P

Onimusha 3 was great. I liked all of them even the 4th one (blue demon guy). It was different but still good. I finished all of them and I wish Capcom would bring the series back.

I always liked DMC for its humor and style but not the game itself. It was harder IMO than the Gaiden games, I just could never do good at them.

Edited by cimerians

Well the storyline in part 1 isnt that much better (compared to Oni3) but you will notice the difference. :P

:lolblue:

Onimusha 3 was great. I liked all of them even the 4th one (blue demon guy). It was different but still good. I finished all of them and I wish Capcom would bring the series back.

I loved the Samanosuke ones (1+3). I beat 2 but it wasn't really on par IMO and I quit 4 halfway into it. It's one of my favorite Capcom series (Top 3 along G'n'G and RE) and I'd always love to see another one. IMO it definitely is a better franchise than e.g. Lost Planet or Dead Rising...

I always liked DMC for its humor and style but not the game itself. It was harder IMO than the Gaiden games, I just could never do good at them.

Same here. I beat 1, 2 and 4, but couldn't force myself through the boss-a-thon at the end of 3 :roll:

DMC 4 especially felt totally half-assed, when in the 2nd third you play the very same levels backwards, against the very same bosses, only with the more powerful Dante, which essentially makes it a lot easier than the 1st third. And the 3rd third - yet another boss-a-thon, fighting some for the third time. Eh... that's not even half-assed, that's third-assed...

At least it had good cutscenes and wasn't that hard, else I'd have stopped playing halfway through it. Can't wait for the reboot, especially when considering how much better than DMC4 Ninja Theories "Heavenly Sword" was :D

I loved the Samanosuke ones (1+3). I beat 2 but it wasn't really on par IMO and I quit 4 halfway into it. It's one of my favorite Capcom series (Top 3 along G'n'G and RE) and I'd always love to see another one. IMO it definitely is a better franchise than e.g. Lost Planet or Dead Rising...

I'm a Jean Reno fan so having him in the 3rd was fantastic. I agree and hope that if they ever make another Onimusha game that Samanosuke is in it.

Same here. I beat 1, 2 and 4, but couldn't force myself through the boss-a-thon at the end of 3 :roll:

DMC 4 especially felt totally half-assed, when in the 2nd third you play the very same levels backwards, against the very same bosses, only with the more powerful Dante, which essentially makes it a lot easier than the 1st third. And the 3rd third - yet another boss-a-thon, fighting some for the third time. Eh... that's not even half-assed, that's third-assed...

At least it had good cutscenes and wasn't that hard, else I'd have stopped playing halfway through it. Can't wait for the reboot, especially when considering how much better than DMC4 Ninja Theories "Heavenly Sword" was :D

LOL....I hate it when they make you beat the bosses again, it seems the developers are too lazy to think of a good story and just have you beat bosses again or replay levels. DMC and Final Fantasy 9 are like that. I couldnt stand that either.

The worst DMC is the second one. The 3rd for me was too hard at the end with the boss-a-thon (also the vampire chick that kisses you was a royal pain) and I didnt even finish the 4th game.

Heavenly Sword was fantastic. Combat was clunky and not that great compared to other games but the story, "mini games" and the bullet-time arrows were amazing. Some of the villains were just plain disturbing as well. Great game.

:thumbsup: