IGNORED

Daemons Gate.. where to get it?

Ninjabba

And I mean just the rom version of this.. I've been looking for this for a while now but no dice. Can only find broken links and such, also this site gives me a broken link in the rom section. Since its small in size I was wondering if its possible for any of you just to send me this rom? (I hope im not making an illegal move here by asking for this)

Yup I gotta admit.. after reading reviews on how this game has so much potential.. its kind of dull playing it knowing its full of unfinished stuff & errors. Well.. I hope that eye of the beholder topic is going to work out in order to play some rpg on the lynx :)

Only if some crazy person would make some rogue like NetHack game on this machine.. it would fry my lynx from too many hours of game play though

• 3 weeks later...
Alright that was quick. Thanks for providing me!

I'm also looking for the Daemonsgate rom. I've found at least 6 broken download links, which eventually brought me here through a google search.

I recently discovered the emulating abilities of Wii Homebrew, and I've been having tons of fun compiling my old Lynx collection (sadly, my Lynx II didn't survive my last move).

BTW, I'm also trying to find the CyberVirus rom. Muchas gracias if someone could send to me, or point me in the right direction. :D

Trust me, your life will be better off without the ROM. The gameplay can be summarized as: Wander around aimlessly for hours and hours and hours without a clue where to go or what to look for.

I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

Just remember, you were warned :)

You won´t get it here I believe, because Cybervirus is available for purchase at Songbird Productions. You´ll have to buy it in order to play.

Found / bought it - http://www.songbird-productions.com/catalog.shtml :)

Thanks for the tip. I'm now shopping for a working Lynx II. Does anyone have any tips on a good deal (and trustworthy vendor)?

ps. I'm loving this forum. I've been reading up on the homebrew discussions - very interesting.

I thought there was a demo version of the Cybervirus ROM somewhere...

I'd much rather play the [final] release by Songbird.

Has anyone else purchased CyberVirus from Songbird? Thoughts?

I haven't bought that game (yet)

I used to not want to really buy homebrews when I first started collecting for the Lynx.

My opinions on that changed DRASTICALLY once I really got into it. Any support that I can give a homebrewer... I will give as I believe these are top notch releases. I've heard some people complain about Songbird... actually I've only heard on one or two people complaining.

Let me put it this way: I support Songbird, and Carl. He does the right thing and puts out a fine product. I will ALWAYS support that.

The upcoming EotB release may not get the official nod from the company... but the effort has been made. That much can be said.

I've bought from Carl... have a deal currently in the works as well... so I would tell you to buy all the homebrews you can from him! :)

Homebrew kicks ass... im actually trying to make a demo of zelda for the lynx :D got Link walking around animated on the screen as a start.. but ffs its so much work

also on daemons gate.. it just sucks how hard you have to run for those daemons coming after you.. it really makes exploring just useless since they come after you at random with so much speed. Some adventure with balanced exploration should be possible for the lynx... am curious after Distant Lands but that'll take its time to arrive

Edited by Ninjabba

Deamonsgate was very promising, but the flaws of the beta status definately don´t make it any fun to play. Especially how the enemies come rushing at you, and you lose HP without baeing thrown back a little or so.

But the sheer complexity and size of what can be seen is impressive. Texts are more than the usual handheld oneliners of the time, with a real dialogue system, and the alchemy stuff could have turned out nice.