IGNORED

I need a new game

Atarifever

So with the Lynx as my main "on the road" system, and with a lot of on the road happening in my job right now, I figure I need to expand my library beyond two games. I have Xybots and Kung Food (and I actually really enjoy both, as I've said here before), but need something else for a more arcade option. Xybots is a long, long game, and Kung Food also requires a huge time investment. So what I'm looking for is a game that is either quicker because it is shorter, quicker because it saves progress after a short time (codes are okay), or quicker because it kills you so fast. I would also prefer if it's in the "sweet spot" price-wise, between say $5 and $15 on average. Thanks for any help.

My favorite game of all time is Crystal Mines 2. Puzzle game with 180 levels and a great amount of puzzle elements, using codes for every level

The only reason I re bought the Lynx 15 years later (after my friends smashed 2 of them during my childhood :'( ) was to enjoy this little game again :) now im hooked on collecting as much as possible tho

Edited by Ninjabba

If you like arcade action games, I would recommend KLAX , Ms Pacman, or Paperboy. All are good for a few minutes of play on the road. Klax and Paperboy are pretty common and inexpensive; however, Ms Pacman is a bit rare and will set you back a few bucks.

Recently I have been playing those games plus PONX (a Pong game from Songbird). It's fun but you will pay top dollar. If you want something longer lasting, I'd recommend Shanghai, an excellent version of Mahjong. I find a typical game of Shanghai is 12 to 15 minutes.

Edited by ls650

Depends on what kind of game you like but "Klax" might be a good choice if you like puzzle / block games. Puzzle games are often good for a 'quick fix' and a good one will keep you hooked when you want to play longer.

Personally, I'd recommend "Slime World". It's a unique action game with a little bit of adventure. The game has several modes so you can play short games like timed or quick-death scenarios or you can play longer exploration games...

"Slime World" is generally good all-round, with good graphics and decent sound effects and music. Well, at least, the funky music is pretty fitting for the game :) One thing I enjoyed about the game is that everything is constantly moving... the entire world pulses with slime.

Cheers

Edited by lightman

Paperboy, Awesome Golf, Roadblasters and Ms. PacMan.

Paperboy is easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes as is Roadblaster. Awesome Golf is a bit more involved but tonnes of fun if you like golf. Pacman is a bit tough to find but well worth the extra bucks you'll have to shell out to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

Crystal Mines II

Hours of fun!

After finishing all Levels and found all entries to the hidden Levels i order Crystal Mines II Buried Treasure. After complete the new Levels i felt like sitting in a deep black hole. There i got the idea for my FlashCard. ;)