IGNORED

What now?

Atarifever

Hey Moycon, what was the name of that Pinball game you were praising up in the Wii forum? I'd go back and search through the thread but some tool cluttered it all up arguing about someone else's argument style in an argument he wasn't even part of. ;)

Do you think it would be good without a high def TV, or would there be trouble seeing some things?

Hey Moycon, what was the name of that Pinball game you were praising up in the Wii forum? I'd go back and search through the thread but some tool cluttered it all up arguing about someone else's argument style in an argument he wasn't even part of. ;)

Do you think it would be good without a high def TV, or would there be trouble seeing some things?

It's called Pinball FX. I have the main game and all the extra tables you can buy and it only takes up 146MB so you should be able to snag the demo for that one and check it out on your TV. I love the way that game controls, I just wish it had licensed tables. My favorite is probably the spy table.

I know you said you aren't terribly interested in upgrading to HD, but I would consider doing so. Most of the games for the PS3 and 360 don't look right on a standard def TV. They are blurry and the text is incredibly small. I say buy a cheaper 26" HD TV with at least 720p. Trust me. You will notice a HUGE difference.

I know you said you aren't terribly interested in upgrading to HD, but I would consider doing so. Most of the games for the PS3 and 360 don't look right on a standard def TV. They are blurry and the text is incredibly small. I say buy a cheaper 26" HD TV with at least 720p. Trust me. You will notice a HUGE difference.

Some games don't even play quite right without HD. I played Leggo Star Wars in coop mode with my brother on an SDTV and there was a place where you could actually get stuck and had to reload from a previous save. In HD you couldn't get stuck because of the wider screen.

I haven't had any problems with any of my games with my 360 on my 27" CRT. My PS3 on the other hand gives me the exact problems you're talking about with the text. I also have problems with contrast with it and dark colors. There were parts of Ratchet and Clank where I was going through blind and F1 Championship is completely unplayable in areas that are darker because I'm driving blind.

Just did some research and the only memory cards are like $59. And no one else seems to make them. That's gross. If I run out of space and erase the game, can I redownload it for free? That'd be an affordable solution until Christmas. I mean, I have a baby on the way and am lucky my wife was cool enough to suggest this last hoo-rah with the finances. I won't likely get a harddrive or $60 memory card anytime soon, especially if I'm going to be buying some points soon.

The 512 MB cards can be bought new off Amazon for $42.99 (That is with free shipping and no tax) you can also find them used for under $30 (but you'll have to pay for shipping) Really though since the 60 GB HD has become the standard, the 20 GB HB used can be had for probably the same price as the 512 MB card.

But yes, to answer your question you can always delete and re-download your purchases.

The 20gb hard drive can be had for about 20 bucks if you don't mind ebay. I got mine for 18 bucks plus shipping.